Culexus + Word of emp- do you ever use this? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Culexus + Word of emp- do you ever use this?

I used a combination of this and sanctuary against a chaos army recently ...shame poor guy i lost 5 stormies and he lost...everything in his entire 1500 army... i felt a bit bad truth be told.

Do you ever use this stratergy though (hide the culexus and have a =][= Lord with word of emp as a fire base)?
    i normally prefer other assasins but tried it and it was good against an assualty daemon army.

QU:
    Would this work against a horde ork army or would their rules get around this power somehow?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Word of the Emperor isn't reliable enough to build an army strategy around it. I guess if you have points to spare and take WotE ... take advantage of it when Lady Luck favors you. But don't ever count on it working. That's just pure luck.

And the Ork mob rule would definitely throw a wrench into your plans. Any mob of 10+ Boyz would have a LD of 10. They're not going to be too impressed by WotE.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Word of the Emperor isn't reliable enough to build an army strategy around it. I guess if you have points to spare and take WotE ... take advantage of it when Lady Luck favors you. But don't ever count on it working. That's just pure luck.

And the Ork mob rule would definitely throw a wrench into your plans. Any mob of 10+ Boyz would have a LD of 10. They're not going to be too impressed by WotE.
    That's where the Culexus Assassin comes in I would imagine. It would in theory drop their Ld to 7, and according to the wording any unit with a model within 12" counts as having Ld 7. It sounds like it could work, and is indeed an interetsting use of the culexus, but I doubt it will win you many matches.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to agree with number 6 on this. No matter what you do, it's still not very reliable. Definitely a fun use of the Culexus, and It might keep a couple people off your gun line. Imagine, ld7 Fearless mob of 30 Orks stalling to charge a lone inquisitor only to eat bullets for breakfast! Probably won't win you any new friends, however.
    Eldar W/D/L: 17/15/12
    Ordo Malleus W/D/L: 24/3/4
    Crimson Fists: In Progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just thinking about it math wise its going to work in your favor a bit less than 50% of the time- meaning all of those points- culexus and wote - will hing on this almost fifty-fifty chance. persnoally i would spend the points other places. since you have a shooty Inq. use the callidus' Word in your ear to center a nice squad and get a good seven plasma cannon hit on them. much more probable.

+ Reply to Thread