How do I defeat MEQs? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I defeat MEQs?

Been putting together a guard army for a few months now and Ive got a nice core of 1000 points.

My problem is this: most of the time I find myself playing against marines, and i seem to get my ass handed to me most of the time, they always seem to have some special rule or other which stops them dying (and if i hear the words 'ill deploy the drop pod with the dreadnought... here!' i think im gonna scream!)

I really want to start winning so all advice is welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

To deal with deep strike, just take an allied Inquisitor + 2 mystics. Sit them next to a tank and watch the pretty fireworks

Also, taking veterans with carapace armour will make you survive 50% of their bolt and flamer wounds, rather than 0% of them. Cover saves will only get you so far.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

If your problem is deep striking/ drop pod marine armies, its all a matter of set-up. Don't deploy your forces spread out across your deployment zone, castle up in the center or a corner as terrain dictates. If your enemy has a few Drop Pod Dreds with Multi-Melta's to pop your tanks, have your infantry spaced out 12" around your tanks so that they cannot deep strike within half range. This will negate their ability to pop your precious armour before you can react. Meltaguns of your own will make short work of these Dreadnoughts as they will likely be placed within 6" of your infantry.

Against normal MEQ's I would suggest Ordenance. Leman Russ Battle Tanks, Executioners and Demolishers all do a great job at erasing MEQ's from the board. Colossus are an interesting alternative, although I've never run one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

MEQs will die to sustained fire. Force enough saves and they will fail. AP3/2/1 is good too if you can bypass cover, but generally massed fire works against everything.

To deal with Pods, it's all about deployment. Castle up, don't expose yourself, and once they come in you have mobility and the ability to focus your entire army on a portion of his.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In a word, Executioners. I have 2 of these bad boys at 1500 and they pretty much eat a space marine squad each per turn, even in cover. 5 Plasma shots per turn will chew through them.

Also I agree with what has been said above about Castling up against Pods, just remember that they don't move your units, they have to keep going till they land safely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

one word: Marbo.

The guy is a friggin animal. Dreadnought? More like Deadnought when Marbo gets through with it. Let him drop that droppod wherever...then you bring in Marbo on YOUR turn and kill it. I wasn't totally sold on the guy at first, but now my complusory choices are HQ, 2 Troops, and Marbo.

No kidding. Try him out, and you too will be a believer.
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chimeltas, chimeltas, and more chimeltas, all i played for my first maybe 3 months of guard gaming was space marines, and for the first two i could not beat them, the damn dreadnought drop pods seemed unbeatable, however i began running around 4-5 chimelta squads combined with outher infantry and armor and i started winning, i cant say exactly why but the chimeltas are what i truly believe made the difference

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Isn't deep-striking into an enemy unit a deep-strike mishap?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

yeah and Chimeltas with Veterans with Meltas inside is a nice touch. There isn't a whole lot that withstand that. Especially since against a swarm of Guard, Marines are already at a disadvantage. I know there is someone out there reading this saying "whut?" but its true. When i got into 40K, everyone told me to play Marines. Because everyone else was playing Marines. I think they are vastly overrated. 100 lasguns shots at a squad of marines will make them know fear. As far as special characters, I have already covered that. Marbo.
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Korona View Post
    Isn't deep-striking into an enemy unit a deep-strike mishap?
    SM pods have Inertial Guidance which means if you scatter you're safe (but not if you hit, so make sure it's a legal landing spot!)
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast