Quick Telion question. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Telion question.

My question about Telion is this- Is he worth it?

On paper it seems as if his influence,albeit subtle could easily be worth his points. But what have the various generals found? Does he actually make a difference or are you better off using those points somewhere else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

When fighting armies with generic units (nids, etc), he's not so good - his strength lies in removing the powerclaw from that ork mob, or the meltagun in the tactical squad.

When he works, it's awesome, when it fails it's only a few points if you take into account him giving the whole squad stealth so stick him in a full squad of scouts and effectively he costs you two combi-weapons
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

It depends. If you interpret the Stealth rule liberally, he's a great deal since you effectively get camo cloaks for everyone included in his price. If you interpret the Stealth rule strictly (and, in my opinion, incorrectly) he'll almost certainly never make his points back.

It also depends a lot on your opponents. If you're playing MEQ, not so great - a 3+ armour save really stuffs up your two shots per turn. If the model you target has multiple wounds, same problem - Telion just won't kill it very quickly. If your opponent is all charge-charge-melee, Telion will only get off a couple of turns of shooting before getting assaulted and likely annihilated since he is most durable in heavy cover - see the comment on Stealth above. Much more durable when your opponent tries to shoot him to death and you laugh in his face with a 2+ cover save.

So his field of application is actually extremely limited. Even Orks - supposedly Telion's optimum enemy - are a challenge, because the dreaded Nob has 2 wounds and you've got limited time to shoot at them.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Telion can easily be worth the points, but at the same time, he can easily fail to make them back.

Case in point, I played 2 games against my friend who plays orks. He had a 30 man mob with a Big Mek w/ a Kustom Force Field, and a Weirdboy in there too. First game, he only managed to put one wound on the weirdboy the entire game. I rolled a lot of 1s,2s, and 3s on the wounds.

In the second game though, I managed to kill the Weirdboy and Big Mek.

So in game one, he didn't make his points back, but in game 2 he made well more than his points back.
    Basically, that's what Telion is, a gamble. He's a watered down Vindicare Assassin. Personally I feel he's worth it because there will be games where he makes back 100+ points with his shooting, and the tactical advantages he can give are MASSIVE. Nob with a powerklaw gone? That Trukk mob looks a lot less fearsome now.

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

If you have 50 points, go for it. I wouldn't be beating doors down to pick him up though.

He can pick stuff out, like special weapons, Nobs, or SHP, plus he can buff your missile launcher (you do have one, right?) to make it actually hit something.

He gives sniper scouts the little extra they need to be a threat to a wider variety of targets. Handy, but not essential.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread