Noob returning player, looking for any help with army! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Noob returning player, looking for any help with army!

Hi there.

So I have returned to warhammer, after about 6 years of not playing. I bought all my models when i was a kid (about 13?) so I didn't really know what were the best options of marines to buy, plus the fact i've acquired many different models from friends.

So basically, if I can state which models i have, and basic questions about them, and any advice on shaping up the army would help. The points i've calculated were about 1100-1300 i believe. Note, i also have the old space marine codex, the one that says reprinted in 2002.

Librarian in terminator armour
    Captain or commander or leader? i have no clue which one of the heroes, my hero is. He has a storm bolter(or pistol), power sword in his left hand, aiming at a 45 degree angle from the ground and a cape lol
    commander tigarus - no clue how i got this guy

normal dreadnought
    terminator sergeant with power sword, assault rifle chain fist, heavy flamer, thunder hammer

Transport: rhino tank

fast attack: 1 attack bike, 1 small space marine biker, landspeeder

troops: 5 scouts, counted 40 normal bolters - 2 missile launchers and flamers in there
    devastators with plasma cannon, heavy flamer
    tech marine

ok i think thats it, any help would be great!

2. Remove Advertisements

Bedford, UK
    8 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Well you're using the 3rd ed codex, we've now got a 5th edition - if you've got people to play with, I'd pick it up and have a read (same with the new minirulebook). Once you've got that you'll have a lot more questions! lol
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Rochester, NY
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

Yep, 5th ed rulebook and new SM Codex would be most useful, nay, essential.

I'd highly recommend Assault on Black Reach. You get a mini-rulebook, 10 more marines, 1 Dread, 1 Captain, 5 Terminators, and a bunch of Orks all for a good cost. Barter off the Orks and you'll have a good start.
    Last edited by ==Me==; March 25th, 2010 at 23:51.
    Check out ==My== blog:

+ Reply to Thread