Space wolves- a mad idea? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space wolves- a mad idea?

hi guys

i have always like the idea of this squad (probably a bad choice) 5x wolfguard with jump packs and frost blades- total 315 points this idea has been with me for some time( they will be called the wings of russ), now here is the mad bit... i was thinking of converting the new blood angels sanguinary guard to represent them!

what do you guys think?

thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Expensive and fragile. Trade the jump packs for Storm Shields, and get them in some sort of transport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Yeah, 63 points a guy is over the top. You could get 5 TH/SS termies for the same cost (and they are drastically inflated in the SW codex). And remember, all you'll be getting is a 3+ save. If you want to do a fluffy list where these guys are part of it, go for it, but don't expect it to do that well.

Watchwood's suggestion is better, though I have to admit, a five man wolf guard unit that isn't in terminator armor costing 315+ points just makes me cringe. After all, you could give all your guys terminator armor and frost blades instead of jump packs and frost blades and save 100 points.

Seriously jump packs are overpriced to the extreme. The only time I feel they are a worthwhile buy is to make them a leader to Swiftclaws. But again, if you want to do a fluffy list, go right ahead.

As for modeling, using the Sanguinary Guard models is not a bad idea. You'll have to do some modeling of the wrist angelus bolters (though you could just count them as wrist mounted bolt pistols if you wanted), but otherwise they'd be fine. Some people might take issue with the wings and masks, getting all whiny about how it isn't fluffy, but most people shouldn't care, and neither should you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think part of the SW fluff is that they don't really like flying, and leave that to the to the younsters.

Anyway, I appreciate the want to keep expensive wolf guard NOT isn a vehicle. Don't despair! It can be done. However I think you would have much more luck deploying them on bikes. Similar cost, more durable due to the T5, and you can turbo boost them when you need too. Would wreck the sangunairy guard idea, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Winged wolves...?
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle View Post
    Winged wolves...?
    Uhh swift claw!? haha but anyways try out a squad of swift claw with a wolf guard attached...see how it goes against your opponents. If it works well then Id say go for it, but you probably already know that thats alot of pups in one drop pod. As for the blood angels..I personally have a vendetta against them but could understand that that would be a pretty cool idea. Just be sure to give them cool wolfy trinkets and pelts! And I do hope you post pics when they are done.
    Hope, is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wolf Guard cannot be attached IIRC, if you want to give them a leash, give them a Wolf Priest w/ pack. in the little text box for WG it lists what units they can lead and who they cant. WP lets you do cool things anyway, like re-rolls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QUOTE-Wolf_Guard_Ninjesta
    Just be sure to give them cool wolfy trinkets and pelts! And I do hope you post pics when they are done.

Well at least someone likes the idea but i am sorry to say it may not happen, i may just have some more wolfguard termines instead, but i thought it was a good idea...

+ Reply to Thread