IG Makes Eldrad Poop His Pants - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

IG Makes Eldrad Poop His Pants

Today I was dominating in league play against this kid who insists on playing Eldrad in his Iyanden army. Fine, whatever. But from the outset, I made it my mission to kill that alien scum if it was the last thing I did. Marbo showed up on the scene and weakened him down to one wound, but then he scurried around the board like a chicken on fire until he was dispatched with relative ease. Here is how I imagined it happening.The Chimera pulled up within assault range of Eldrad, who stood there like a moron with his thumb up his what while the crew disembarked. The Commissar walked right up to him with his boltgun in hand and shot him in the face with the most subtle of grins on his face.Now what happened next was messed up. Because this kid was so unsure, he was asking if Eldrad had anything like bionics that restore a wound. I told him no, and in addition, he couldn't anyway because the commissar who killed him took his spirit stones and shoved them up his butt, and then chopped his head off and is wearing it on his belt. The kid (who is probably like seventeen) immediately left the table and went and told the store owner, who promptly disqualified me, awarded this jabroni the victory. For unsportsmanlike conduct. I thought we were playing a tabletop game, cuz most of us who play it can't play sports. Anyhoo, just to show that I am truly sorry, I bought me an Eldrad and another Commissar. In my box of bits, I found a Marine standard bearer flagpole, so tomorrow, this Commissar will have an Eldrad head (painted in Iyanden colors, of course) on the flagpole, carrying it around like a trophy. I'll see you again, kid, and I will be the eyes, ears and trigger finger of the Emperor. And we will annhilate you.And the best part is, when we eradicate you, Eldrad will be leading the way...from the neck up!

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a guy that puts trophies on his models every time he wins a game (if he beats Orks, one of his CSM might have a choppa on his base, Eldar maybe a Marine is holding a Shuiriken Catapult, ect.). It makes some really cool conversions, but if you got disqualified for unsportmanlike condouct then you probably shouldn't do that kind of stuff. I can tell you that there is nothing worse after a game that some one gloating, so keep it in good natured fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

well, see, thats the interesting thing. This kid does that constantly...he has only beaten me this one time, and that was by some roody-poo judgment call. But he will rub it in to everyone he beats, but can't take it when it's done back to him. Normally, I would let such a slight go, but this kid really got under my skin. The truth is, I had him on the ropes from word go. He knows it, I knew it, and his buddy the store owner knows it. If this kid wasn't a trust fund baby and wasn't dropping like two hundred bucks a week in his store, he would have told him to take off the skirt and quit being such a pansy.

Just because I was disqualified doesn't mean Eldrad didn't get his spirit stones shoved up his butt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With crybaby gamers like that who love to dish out flak and cant take it in return ive found out its best to sit back, remain mature and let your army to all the talking that is needed. Some people just are very immature and if you and everyone already knows that is how this kid acts then his reputation will proceed him. Let the fools be fools so to speak. However a little good natured ribbing never hurt and this kid obviously overreacted. Congrats on beating the Eldar and Eldrad
    Last edited by GMAleron; March 28th, 2010 at 05:22.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I've gotta agree with GMAleron, but on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Currans View Post
    Just because I was disqualified doesn't mean Eldrad didn't get his spirit stones shoved up his butt.
    \

...That just made my day

In all serious though you should just ignore him or play someone else. I refuse to play my clubs Eldar player. He cheats, a lot.

I don't know anything about eldar, but I could still recognise that his army wasn't 750pts when he showed me it. He want through it, with all his point cost "mistakes" "free" upgrades and such his army ended up being over 1200pts.

Then when I told him that and checked his codex, got him to refine his list... He responded by tailoring a force to beat DE. The DE army I brought and was going to use, I was after all the one that wen't through my army, special rules, weapons, and passed him my codex and a typed copy of my army list. So eve with his subtracttions and such he still fudged with some poiint costs and his tailored force was over 800pts. (I know this thanks to my friend Andrew, who also plays Eldar but sadly wasn't there). Then he had the nerve to get pissed when I beat him, blaming luck, the game, when it ended, the fact he didn't know my DE jetbikes were eldar jetbikes...

So ya, don't play the guys you don't enjoy playing.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dont get me wrong i had a nice laugh reading this as i thought it was quite hilarious as well. And i agree with kevin. There is a player at my store who needless to say is a complete and utter douchebag. He runs a nice little cadian gunline army who to say the least i happened to alpha strike since he litterally packed his whole army on one small hill. After 6 melta guns, two demolition charges, 20 shotgun shots with the two vendettas they rode in on with door gunners i had literally killed all but 11 of his guys who i promptly assaulted and finished off in close combat, a 1 turn game.. I have never seen a guy turn so red in face nor ever seen anyone literally pick up one of his heavy weapon teams and fling it across the store. Then the accusations of me cheating, using a cheese list ect. started and ever since i have refused to play him. However we do call him mr tomato now whenever we see him .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Trust me, fellas, I didn't want to play him, but were are doing this huge league/campaign thing, and according to the game map, our planets are looking each other right in the face. I can't advance to other planets without going through him, and he can't advance to other planets without going through me. He is a good player, just a poor winner. Not that ever had a chance with me. When in turn one Wave Serpents are falling out of the sky and entire squads of Guardians are getting mowed down by lasgun fire...oh and of course, the coup de grace, when Dark Reapers are blown out of the clock tower with a well-placed Leman Russ Battle Cannon shot, he knew what was up. But my IG will do what they do best...regroup and reassault.

For all armies other than IG, please direct your attention to my signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Currans View Post
    Today I was dominating in league play against this kid who insists on playing Eldrad in his Iyanden army. Fine, whatever. But from the outset, I made it my mission to kill that alien scum if it was the last thing I did. Marbo showed up on the scene and weakened him down to one wound, but then he scurried around the board like a chicken on fire until he was dispatched with relative ease. Here is how I imagined it happening.The Chimera pulled up within assault range of Eldrad, who stood there like a moron with his thumb up his what while the crew disembarked. The Commissar walked right up to him with his boltgun in hand and shot him in the face with the most subtle of grins on his face.Now what happened next was messed up. Because this kid was so unsure, he was asking if Eldrad had anything like bionics that restore a wound. I told him no, and in addition, he couldn't anyway because the commissar who killed him took his spirit stones and shoved them up his butt, and then chopped his head off and is wearing it on his belt. The kid (who is probably like seventeen) immediately left the table and went and told the store owner, who promptly disqualified me, awarded this jabroni the victory. For unsportsmanlike conduct. I thought we were playing a tabletop game, cuz most of us who play it can't play sports. Anyhoo, just to show that I am truly sorry, I bought me an Eldrad and another Commissar. In my box of bits, I found a Marine standard bearer flagpole, so tomorrow, this Commissar will have an Eldrad head (painted in Iyanden colors, of course) on the flagpole, carrying it around like a trophy. I'll see you again, kid, and I will be the eyes, ears and trigger finger of the Emperor. And we will annhilate you.And the best part is, when we eradicate you, Eldrad will be leading the way...from the neck up!
    Our clubs Eldar player is quite mellow actually

But yeah, in all seriousness I agree with kev. Dont play people you hate playing, and if your in a tournament situation try and play it nice. Remember if you act nice and easy going, people will be more inclined to seeing the situation in your shoes, If you act angry, angsty,smug, sarcastic,spiteful,and anything i hae left out they will feel very much inclined to annoy you further. But still what happened was messed up.
    If Slaanesh is the god of the Perverse, why does Nurgle have all the filth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you seemed to have acted just as immature as him. Just because he's being immature about the game, doesn't mean you have to be. For God's sake man, you're 30 years old and should know better. As far as i've been able to tell, you've ben tabeling him the whole game, and then once you start killing his greatest points investment that he most probably have put a lot of trust in, you rub it right in his face. Is that really the nicest thing to do?

No matter how big of an ass he is, he's just seventeen, he'll grow up eventually. Would you really like it if someone rubbed killing your, let's say, (just random high pts investment) CCS with Creed and Kell all kitted out, right in your face when the whole match have been going horribly bad for you? I think the referee did the right thing by disqualifying you. Sportsmanship has nothing in particular to do with sports, but with good manors. I think you should apolagize to the kid for acting as immature as you did.

Cheers ^^
    http://refraintofsanity.blogspot.com/
    -"Oh God, this is going to take a while..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Until this you were doing fine:

I told him no, and in addition, he couldn't anyway because the commissar who killed him took his spirit stones and shoved them up his butt, and then chopped his head off and is wearing it on his belt.

Against friends sure, but in a store competition?. No wonder you got disqualified.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast