Death Compan and Land Raiders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Compan and Land Raiders

Hey all,I was planning on running 10 DC in a LR with a IC. However getting some problems from folks at the local store ont his. In the codex it says they may take ANY dedicated transport (see page 90) however land raiders are on page 91. To me this would mean that the dedicated transports start on page 90, since there is no seperation in the whole section they are all dedicated transports. However others, including store owner, state that since the Terminator entry specifically states Land Raiders (see page 91) that the DC and others can only take the dedicated transports on page 90 (rhino variants and pod.) What are your opinions on this? I'm of the opinion the word ANY means i can take ANY dedicated transport but i've been overruled *shrugs*

In the Castle of Pain on a Mountain of Skulls I sat on a Throne of Blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of Evil!

- Vigo the Carpathian

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Ugh, thats a bit of a bummer. It does indeed say Termies can select D-Transports from p91 and everything else, tactical squads, Sternguard, Vanguard select "any transports from p90"

Read as writen it sounds like those units can only take transports from those select pages, which is stupid. It also means my Vanguard Vets can't ride around in their Land Raider. Another thing it means is the only way you can ever take a Land Raider is by taking Terminators which sounds a bit harsh to me.

I'd like to say "everyone can take what ever they damn well feel like" as it even says in their fluff Blood Angels have loads of Landraiders, enough to have them as dedicated transports for normal units..... but it does sound like it's Termi's only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case i'm almost sorry i preordered the DC. I'm not saving a lot of points having them in jump packs over the land raider and i'm lossing the raider's firepower and survivability.
    In the Castle of Pain on a Mountain of Skulls I sat on a Throne of Blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of Evil!

- Vigo the Carpathian

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Well Yeah it means I've got to ditch my Forge World Raider in favour of a Rhino.....which my Vets can't assault out of and are therefore rubbish or loose my Vets (which i spent alot of time doing and converting) for some Terminators.....

Well unless this gets FAQ'd and everyone can take everything and be happy. I might ask some Gw boys to see whats going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It kind of further makes the concept of deep striking land raiders a bit odd. I mean, why implement that rule if you are going to so limit the ability to take them. But you are right I suppose we will just have to wait for a faq.

- Vigo the Carpathian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this is retarded. GW does crap like this all the time, and who knows how it will get FAQ'd? GW, just freaking spell out what the hell you mean.

I'm pretty sure they didn't mean for only termies being able to take LRs. If they did want that, they could have just said that Blah, can take blah, blah, and blah as a dedicated transport.

'Course the fact that they didn't mean for it to be read that way, is no guarantee at all that whichever numbnuts writes the FAQ won't declare it to be so and set it in stone.

Stupid, so stupid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Blackstone View Post
    Hey all,I was planning on running 10 DC in a LR with a IC. However getting some problems from folks at the local store ont his. In the codex it says they may take ANY dedicated transport (see page 90) however land raiders are on page 91. To me this would mean that the dedicated transports start on page 90, since there is no seperation in the whole section they are all dedicated transports. However others, including store owner, state that since the Terminator entry specifically states Land Raiders (see page 91) that the DC and others can only take the dedicated transports on page 90 (rhino variants and pod.) What are your opinions on this? I'm of the opinion the word ANY means i can take ANY dedicated transport but i've been overruled *shrugs*
    The difference is the death company can take ANY dediated transport which starts on page 90. termies can ONLY take Land Raiders which start on page 91. So i would say you the DC can take landraiders.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

If I wasn't going to go jump pack heavy with Sanguinor & friends I'd be mighty pissed too.

Just show your club up by dropping six Predators on them, BAM SUCKA!

-K

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    Ugh, thats a bit of a bummer. It does indeed say Termies can select D-Transports from p91 and everything else, tactical squads, Sternguard, Vanguard select "any transports from p90"
    It says Termies can select Land Raiders as dedicated transports (see page 91) and everything else can select any dedicated transport (see page 90).

Can't say i'd have ever read it as anything but 'see page 90 for the start of the dedicated transports section'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    It says Termies can select Land Raiders as dedicated transports (see page 91) and everything else can select any dedicated transport (see page 90).

Can't say i'd have ever read it as anything but 'see page 90 for the start of the dedicated transports section'
    It's what I figured as well, I see no reason why nothing else can't take them. Especially with the fluff question and the large amount of troops than can carry. I wanted a Redeemer full of trrops at some point.

-K

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast