Grey knights only fight chaos???? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey knights only fight chaos????

i bought the assault on black reach set got the space marines now i have 5 people buildng armies along wth my self i wanted to do Grey knights with some sob but i read they can only be used against the forces of chaos??? did this rule change or am i doomed to continue to build my space marine army?????????

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

DH/GK can be used against any army, even other GKs. There was never any rule stating otherwise.

Mike

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

they probably dont want you to be able to play against them because grey knights have better stats that space marines. just a thought

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Better stats maybe, but thier army overall is rather lacking in 5th Ed. Mechanised/Heavy Armor Armies will consistantly wipe GKs.

Your better off incorperating some GKs into a SM Army designed to compensate for some of thier weaknesses.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Grey Knights can fight whoever they please! If they have interests in you its because you have something they want, all to kill deamons better with

I'm always fishy if people want to use standered marines as Grey Knights unless they are converted but if your peeps dont have a problem (which sounds like they already do!) then dont worry! Mr Fox above has given the perfect answer! 1 HQ and 2 cheap troops from the SM codex then just induct GKs and SoB from there respective codexs. In line with induction rules of course, 1 HQ, 1 E, 2 T, 1 FA from either codex can be inducted. It will be a colourful if not fluffy army and it will certenly be fun to play with. Squeeze in those acts of faith!

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

You can play anyone. If they still complain declare their commander daemonically possesed or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe what u heard is that in the past u had to fight against daemons with demon hunters.. but now u can just beat the crap out of other armies with a nice GK/SOB army
    good luck

+ Reply to Thread