Scout Sentinels and HKMs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Canada, Eh!
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x3)

Scout Sentinels and HKMs

I've been tinkering around with my IG list for a while now, and as I have 2 Sentinels from the two battle boxes I, want to make use of them. I've decided that Autocannons on Scout Sentinels are the best option as I'm likely to have side or even rear armour shots when they come on the board, and 2 shots each make them more reliable when compared to their lascannon counterparts.

I was considering the option of giving them Hunter Killer Missiles so that they can truely have a "shock and awe" arrival onto the board (it also allows me to fire 2 HKMs from one side to another if the oportunity presents itself, or the dice curse me). I've considered the Scout Sentinel as a one hit wonder, so the option of adding 50% more firepower for 25% the cost intrigues me. Has anyone had success with a layout similar to this?

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

2. Remove Advertisements

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

452 (x8)

Scout sentinels with autocannons and HKMs are arguably the best weapons loadout for the points.

Their targets should be side or rear armour of vehicles, so generally AV10-11, with 12 as the max.

Against AV 10-12 the autocannon outpreforms a missile launcher.

Against AV10-11 the autocannon outpreforms the lascannon.

Since your target should be AV10-11 take the lascannon, sentinels are likely to only get 1-2 shooting phases so adding the HKM is generally considered a good idea.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

+ Reply to Thread