New to Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Space Marines

I have just started considering playing Space Marines as a side army to my Imperial Guard Force. I have looked at the Space Wolves and they really interest me. And i believe that is the route i am going to go. So if you guys have any suggestions on how to play with SW's and/or what models to purchase it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

There are several good ways to play space wolves. One I am currently using is infantry heavy. I have 3 grey hunter squads, 2 in rhinos and one on foot. I put a Wolf Guard with each and I give the WG power fists and combi-meltas.
    I also run a 15-strong pack of Blood claws, sometimes in a landraider but mostly on foot. I put them with a wolf priest and a wolf guard if on foot.
    I run long fangs, missile launchers are your friends! I like SW scouts, but most people drop them for tournament play.
    Rune Priests are awesome, especially with Living Lightning.
    Ragnar Blackmane KILLS EVERYTHING. So much so, it gets boring using him. He is the shizzle.
    Take a wolf guard with a cyclone missile launcher too and put it with your longfangs or alone for some extra punch. You could even put it with a grey hunter squad that does not have a rhino. 2 missiles per turn is awesome.
    Vindicators are excellent support too, and a landspeeder Typhoon or 2.
    March forward and get in the assault. Have your units stay close and support each other. Focus on small parts of your opponents army and pick them apart.
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when it comes to SW i do not have any experince in what works well, but personally i would mix anti-armor into the squads and have some transport and counter attacking units in the army as well as some really good armor.
    dark angels army: vengance of caliban 3500pt army
    wins:1 draw:2 loss:1

+ Reply to Thread