Flying Libby of DOOOM - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flying Libby of DOOOM

Hey all,

After going through the BA Dex was thinking of taking a Librarian (not dread just standard) which isnt' something I traditionally have in my Vanilla armies. So i got to looking through the figures range.

Librarian? CHECK multiples of them in fact.
    Terminator Librarians? CHECK 2 not counting special character models.
    Jump Pack Librarians? ...no? anybody?.......Bueller?

Why the Warp do we not have a Jump libby model? I know a standard response will probably be "just put a jump pack on a standard libby" but that looks very boreing. I mean take the jump chappy for example. riseing up above the battlefield with his scrolls hanging down crozius in the air, quite dynamic, by GW standards. I checked the collectors range as well and found nothing. Has GW ever made a jump libby model, ever?

In the Castle of Pain on a Mountain of Skulls I sat on a Throne of Blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of Evil!

- Vigo the Carpathian

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

no model your own, i suggest using wings from bretonian pegasus, it would look cool
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I have to model myh own i'll probably be using the sanguinary guard jump pack and other bitz from that set. it's a great conversion set. I just hate that it's something that's kind of standard choice and they haven't supplied one.
    In the Castle of Pain on a Mountain of Skulls I sat on a Throne of Blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of Evil!

- Vigo the Carpathian

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

not sure about BA but its not a standard choice for Normal marines - i have never seen a list with one.

There are tons of comman models tho that they don't sell
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rafici View Post
    not sure about BA but its not a standard choice for Normal marines - i have never seen a list with one.

There are tons of comman models tho that they don't sell
    Well standard as in it's something that all marines can take (I beleive) as far as vanilla and BA go. it's an option. Of course Because of these multi option HQs i've been begging for years for multipart plastic kits similar to the captain/commander kit, but alas no such luck.

- Vigo the Carpathian

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

I agree that we would all like that but dont forget that it will increase the price which many people would be disapointed with. I think if it was to be commonly fielded like the termi Lib (cos of the saves and relentless) then it would make sense but they will never bother with something that is not highly desired.

Well unless it would make them lots of £££ which it wouldn't
    Last edited by Rafici; April 15th, 2010 at 17:42.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

It may have something to do with the fact that jump infantry are not as common in non-BA codices, and in the BA one the Librarians specifically get the Wings of Sanguinus power, making a jump pack superfluous in most situations where they are embedded with a unit.

Still, it's weird that they never made a model. They only have 2 standard marine HQs with jump packs though, one being Shrike and the other being the jump chappy.

jboweruk

perhaps it's a money thing? They do sell a pack of jump packs for a fiver, they wouldn't sell many if they sold all the jump pack options as figures now would they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

im telling you you should use wings for him, not only does he have a power that gives him wings, several chapter member seem to have sprouted them anyway, DO IT.
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

I saw a model at my local GW of a Furioso dread with a pair of Fantasy wings coming out where his engine stacks should be. It was faintly ridiculous, but patently awesome nonetheless.

And with the SG out now there's really no excuse for it...just get the bitz off the net.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast