What should I do with old honour guard techmarine? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What should I do with old honour guard techmarine?

I just decided to give my old Blood Angels army a second chance and wanted to adapt it to the new codex but I can't come up with any idea about my old honour guard techmarine.

what should I use it for?
    I unglued and stripped it but I'd be sad if it had to end it's days as a nice but ornamental tank commander...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Well, it can't go in the honour guard any more. BA still have techmarines, though, so if you wanted to play a mech army...
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd get omnissiah blessing at 5+ and a flying IC with power weapon but only 1 base attack and no second CC weapon...

Any possible synergy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Well, you could tear off the jump pack, stick him in a Razorback with some servitors and have him run behind a line of Baals and Rhinos, disembarking and repairing anything that collapses. A techie with a servo-harness and three servitors (which I think is a guaranteed repair, I don't use techmarines much) and a bare Razorback is about 175 points. It's not ideal, but if you had other tanks to shield it you could easily shuttle it around to repair things. You'd definitely want to keep him out of CC.

I mean, this is only if you want to play heavy mech. I wouldn't recommend a techmarine for a jump infantry list with only light mech. Firstly, he costs a fair amount and takes up an elites slot (something that you want to use for Furiosos and Priests) and secondly, he can't take servitors if he has a jump pack, making him much less effective as a repairbot.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

You could just use him as a normal Veteran in an Honour Guard squad. Arm him with a Power weapon and away you go. Obviously he gets no special rules but it's a use for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't use him as a normal techmarine 'cause the model lacks any servo arm...

I thought about the Idea of fielding him as a normal veteran with power weapon (he has a gear shaped axe)
    but the model really screams "Machine spirit!!" to me:

AAaaargghh I am succumbing to the gasoline thirst!! Gimme Oillll OOooill for the Oooil GOD!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    You could just use him as a normal Veteran in an Honour Guard squad. Arm him with a Power weapon and away you go. Obviously he gets no special rules but it's a use for him.
    That's how I intend to use mine. Just a model with a cool looking sprocket axe.

+ Reply to Thread