Question regarding BA Dreadnought - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Question regarding BA Dreadnought

My gaming buddy has recently started up a BA army and is editing his list frequently and trying out new units to see how they fair. But one question springs to mind. He took a 'nought with a pair of special 'lightning claws'. It bestowed a rule that meant he was swinging 5-6 attacks at WS5 S6, and any unsaved wounds [from lightning claws, my plagues dont have an invul] bestowed an extra attack for each caused. Can anyone enlighten me to this, am i missing something? Is that right?

Thanks

| Hybrid Warband | __*W:7 *D:1 *L:1__
    | Hive Fleet Hybrid | __*Not Unleashed*_

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much, lol. As long as it hits and there was an unsaved wound, he gets an equal number of attacks back for each unsaved wound, swinging until everything is dead or he wiffs. If he loses an arm from damage tho, he can no longer use the special ability and loses 1 attack for not having dual weapons. If he happens to be under Furious Charge, he's also at S7 and most likely hitting first with no attacks back.
    Last edited by Haunter; April 19th, 2010 at 20:46.
    My 40k Blog: http://ondeathswings.blogspot.com/
    Necron - 1500pts (WIP) [6W/3L/2D] (Retired 'til new codex)
    Blood Angels - 1500pt (WIP) [6W/2L/2D]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter View Post
    Pretty much, lol. As long as it hits and there was an unsaved wound, he keeps swinging until everything is dead or he wiffs. If he loses an arm from damage tho, he can no longer use the special ability and loses 1 attack for having dual weapons.
    Losing an arm from a weapon destroyed result right? He doesn't have some type of oil-shortage from all the merciless killing and have one fall off by chance. I can but hope.

So I basically have one chance at popping this thing before it charges me and wipes out troops, at front armor 13 too, ouch
    | Hybrid Warband | __*W:7 *D:1 *L:1__
    | Hive Fleet Hybrid | __*Not Unleashed*_

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went back and added a bit more to my original statement. But yeah, the only way to remove the abiltiy is to glance/pen and roll for a Weapon Destroyed. Death Company also can carry this, which have only 12 front armor, but gain an extra attack, always have FC, and can Fleet and results of 1 and 2 mean nothing to him on the dmg table. :-) But of course there's negatives like having to pay for 5 DC troops first to unlock it, plus it has Rage so is always moving towards anything it sees, so it could be baited away by a good player.
    My 40k Blog: http://ondeathswings.blogspot.com/
    Necron - 1500pts (WIP) [6W/3L/2D] (Retired 'til new codex)
    Blood Angels - 1500pt (WIP) [6W/2L/2D]

+ Reply to Thread