Storm troopers/paratroopers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

Storm troopers/paratroopers

Well... while at a hobby show I came across a company that makes 28mm scale WW2 models. So obviously I had to buy some heads to mess around with.

I bought some British para trooper heads with gas mask and beret
    http://www.antredublup.com/images/SHS%20SOTR%209.JPG

I thought about what I could do with them... and decided I should probably make some storm troopers since they sound very much like paratroopers(with my limited WW2 knowledge.)

I was thinking of adding some Elysian grav-chutes, as futuristic parachutes(also fits with the deep striking storm trooper idea.)

Has anyone done anything like this before?

Only problem is that i can't think of how I would paint them, I would paint them pretty much all black... but the rest of my army is blue/white.

Last edited by Triorchin; April 20th, 2010 at 18:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

If it makes you feel better, the fluff has Stormtrooper regiments being trained and raised separately to the mainstream guard as a kind of orphan protection programme. They get attached to conventional guard regiments but they are separate. Their uniforms can be anything really.
    I think black jumpsuits could look pretty awesome. Special forces should defiantly stand out from the crowd.
    I painted mine to look similar to my other guys but that's because I like being able to use them as an extra veteran squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

78 (x3)

Do you think that sub(las)-machine guns will fit with the idea? shorter range and more deadly, sounds SMGie to me...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

It could work, but the Stormtrooper's weapon would have higher armour penetration. For the sake of weight, SMGs are usually chambered for lighter rounds, so they traditionally lack this (though there are exceptions). I'd go with a higher-strength rifle of some sort, to be honest. M1 Garand, M98-ish, maybe? Carbines would work too.

Very cool, though. Good idea. Good find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paratroopers/Storm Troopers though not recommended much do to their high (to high in my opinion) point cost. However i really like them especially running three squads deepstriking with x2 plasma each giving you the option to mess with objectives, wipe out some elite infantry or even just raise hell as a distraction.
    Real players go Guard....Real Men go Airborne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

78 (x3)

Nah... meltas I'm gunna make 1 or 2 2x melta 5 men squads(though I have enough heads for 20 guys.)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Dropping plasmas into your enemy is really devastating. 4 ST7 shots is fine against enemy vehicles because you can land to shoot the rear armour while the extra firepower is lethal to MEQs. Meltas are better if you are facing something like land raiders but you really want flexibility with these guys so you can pick the absolute most annoying place for them to come in. You will do especially huge damage to MEQs in the open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

78 (x3)

Ill bear that in mind...

+ Reply to Thread