Inducted IG - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inducted IG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inducted IG

Hi all

I have been wondering about inducting IG into my army list and would like some clarification as to what exactly can be taken. I know it says what can be taken in the codex (which I dont have with me at the moment) but I have noticed that alot of people seam to be taking inducted veteran squads (which I believe are similar to our stormtroopers) and no one has questioned that but I didnt think that was possible as I thought the codex only allowed you to take infantry platoons (once again keep in mind I cant reffer to my codex at the moment).

So basically what I am asking/hoping for is a list of the inducted IG units that daemonhunters can take

Thanks
    Yoshi

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi46 View Post
    I have noticed that alot of people seam to be taking inducted veteran squads (which I believe are similar to our stormtroopers) and no one has questioned that but I didnt think that was possible

So basically what I am asking/hoping for is a list of the inducted IG units that daemonhunters can take
    The imperial guard FAQ clears some of this up.

Troops : (do not count towards compulsory choices)
    Any number of imperial guard infantry platoons (provided they fit in the FoC)

Fast Attack : (you must have at least two guard platoons to take these)
    0-1 Sentinel squadron (may be scout or armoured)
    0-1 Rough rider squad

Heavy Support : (you must have at least two guard platoons to take this)
    0-1 Leman Russ Battle Tank (only the normal type, not a demolisher or executioner for instance)

You can include any of the options normally available to these units, including transports and upgrade characters.
    Guard may not issue orders to non-guard units
    Veterans are not a valid choice for induction.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

The veterans you're referring to come from last years Ard Boyz eratta, which would allow IG veterans to be taken inside a GK army. If you're playing in a tournament using those rules, then all is kosher and it's cool. Otherwise only what AT mentioned above can be used.

To be totally honest, I can't see veterans (even melta vets inside of chimeras), being a great addition to a Gk army. A platoon or two properly equipped is, through its own options, practically an army in its own right!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Veteran squads with meltaguns would be a fine addition to a GK army actually, with the chim-melta combo giving us more armour and more anti-tank, two things we surely lack. though the chimera problem can easily be solved by giving a PCS a dedicated chimera and just filling it with GKs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

More anti-tank is always good, but you can take Chimeras with platoons as well. Meltaguns work in an IG army because they've got other anti-tank as backup, if you've only really got two vet squads with meltaguns, they'd be shot down.

It wouldn't be horrible, but each platoon lets you theoretically field 10+ autocannons, and gives you a ton of scoring units to boot, freeing up your GKs to be a bit more aggressive.

Ah well, I guess either way it's a good way to go.

I've oft thought about why Scout Sentinels aren't taken. With Autocannons, hunter killers and outflanking with a squad of three, they could lay some serious hurt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by cKerensky View Post
    I've oft thought about why Scout Sentinels aren't taken. With Autocannons, hunter killers and outflanking with a squad of three, they could lay some serious hurt!
    Squadron rule + AV10. A bolter can destroy them. Too fragile for the points and not as effective as more cost effective options.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

I see, good for IG, not good enough for DHs. Mmmm.

If they're outflanking, incoming bolter fire is irrelevant, a squad of three with autocannons and hunter killer can, and often will, destroy any vehicle they fire at. They're a gem of the IG codex, over shadowed by Vendettas.

Just look at the math. AV10 and 11 rear and side army will be torn to shreds, and against AV12, they can still pack enough of a punch to take out most at this armour level.

Most of all: I'd love to see 48 inch range bolter fire. . Either they're directing lascannons towards it at that range, or railgun shots, which is less firing at other tough choices, or they're ignored, and they'll more than kill enemy vehicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I see, good for IG, not good enough for DHs. Mmmm.

If they're outflanking, incoming bolter fire is irrelevant, a squad of three with autocannons and hunter killer can, and often will, destroy any vehicle they fire at. They're a gem of the IG codex, over shadowed by Vendettas.

Most of all: I'd love to see 48 inch range bolter fire. . Either they're directing lascannons towards it at that range, or railgun shots, which is less firing at other tough choices, or they're ignored, and they'll more than kill enemy vehicles.
    The problem there being is you cant pick which side your outflanking on, and if your opponent hasnt got any units within 24" of either flank i will be gretaly suprised, esp if sentinels are the only thing outflanking, also space puppie devs with 2 lascannons, 2 heavy bolters will love you, fire lascannons at real tanks, and heavy bolters at sentinels.

Also shooting at vehicles with your 6 shots at bs 3 at armour 11 you getting 3 hits, 1 pen roughly? and with HK 1 hit maybe 2, which may pen, could just get a glance, i wouldnt say it would shred it up, and if your playing IG your facing side armor 13, which is a real pain for you. Im not saying they dont work, but they arent amazing IMO.
    Last edited by Collins254; April 28th, 2010 at 11:28.
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The veterans you're referring to come from last years Ard Boyz eratta, which would allow IG veterans to be taken inside a GK army. If you're playing in a tournament using those rules, then all is kosher and it's cool. Otherwise only what AT mentioned above can be used.
    So in a general game say at Games Workshop the Ard Boyz rules are considered not to be used? From memory the IG veterans are ALMOST exactly the same as our stormtroopers but you can get twice as many for the same ammount of points, to me it just seems too good to pass up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi46 View Post
    So in a general game say at Games Workshop the Ard Boyz rules are considered not to be used? From memory the IG veterans are ALMOST exactly the same as our stormtroopers but you can get twice as many for the same ammount of points, to me it just seems too good to pass up
    im not sure where your gettin that from?
    10 veterans with carapace armor is 100points
    10 IST with Veteran sgt, so same equipment but ap5 guns is 110 points

so ye veterans get better equipment, and can swap that carapace for all melta bombs, or camo capes and snare mines for same cost, but point for point they are about even without special weapons.
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast