Mathhammering Emperor's Tarot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

    Mathhammering Emperor's Tarot

    I know it sparks a lot of confusion, and i know a lot of people can't process what they read as half as well as they think, so i thought i'd mathhammer for you guys:

    Emperor's Tarot costs a hefty 15 points and is not the most reliable wargear in the world, but its not terrible.

    what it does: it allows a SEPARATE roll before rolling to see who goes first. 30/36 of the time, you will gain +1 to your roll, and 6/36 of the time, you will get -1 to your roll (consult the matrix below)

    __1_2_3_4_5_6
    1_D_L_L_L_L_L
    2_w_D_L_L_L_L
    3_w_w_D_L_L_L
    4_w_w_w_D_L_L
    5_w_w_w_w_D_L
    6_w_w_w_w_w_D

    normally, you have an even chance of winning or losing. [42%] or (15/36)

    Now, with the +1 to your roll, the draw line moves rightwards. (with a -1 to your roll, the draw line moves leftwards).

    Assuming you have a +1, you have a 62% chance of going first.

    Assuming you have a -1, you have a 38% chance of going first.

    Leveling those off (5/6 * 62 + 1/6 * 38 ), you have a 58% chance of going first)

    58% chance - 42% chance = 16% chance to go first with emperor's tarot.

    stealing initiative is already calculated in numbers.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member farmpunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    593
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

    at first glance, it looks similar to my own statistical analysis.
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by farmpunk View Post
    at first glance, it looks similar to my own statistical analysis.
    i assume this means that at further analysis, they are different. i dont even know what yours looks like, nor am i going to bother sifting through pages of forum threads looking to see if anyone's done the math before. i'm sure it has been done. i'm just slightly agitated since someone who i was playing against, while i was using emperor's tarot, explained it to me in such a wrong way that he ended up going first anyways.

  5. #4
    Member Jimicomix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    27
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    10 (x1)

    +16% chance of choosing first turn.

    nice! and thats without extra favor from dice gods

    how did he explain it to you?

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    this is soooo pointless, who cares, rofl, waste of 15 points

    and i mean the wargear, not what your mathhammer

  7. #6
    Member Jimicomix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    27
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    10 (x1)

    wouldnt say its a waste, im wondering why more people ally Inq. buy this thing and i never see it in a DH list...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts