Cadian squad box set. Now with only 10 men! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Cadian squad box set. Now with only 10 men!

Now, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but way way back when the plastic cadian guardsmen were released, they came in a box of 20 men. I had to buy a box of guardsmen the other day so as I could begin my conversions on my new rough riders, and I was severely disappointed to discover that my $35 Australian now only gets me 10 men to a box. If this is not GW blatantly trying to rip us off, I don't know what is.

However, the lovely new catachan, chimera, valkyrie, sentinel and Leman russ kits probably make up for this outrage, with many guard players now opting for veterans and valks, or already have far too many men.

Please don't take this for a flame thread, I just wanted to see if GW is ripping us off, and if you guys had any other suggestions on how to get models without sacrificing my right arm to GW. For the record, I'm not a big fan of ebay. Both myself and other family members have been ripped off several times, and we are not going there again.

Father Mulcahy: Just as the Lord said to Noah, "Everything in pairs."
    Pierce Hawkeye: Of course the Lord was holding three aces at the time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Before the new Imperial Codex was released and the Cadian Infantry kit repackaged, I went out and bought six 20-man Infantry Squad boxed sets for just this reason. Unfortunately, other than eBay there is no real way around it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I have been using E-bay with very good results. Noticing the Austrailia location perhaps its different . Only thing I really suggest is watch who you deal with. I stick with macpac51, hes honest and normally sells stuff about $5 US cheaper than GW. Never had a problem with getting anything from him. Sadly looking at his ships rates to Aus it looks to be about $35, only $2 more each item.
    Green iz da' BEST!
    Orkz is made fer' two fings! Fightin', and winnin'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can also vouch for macpac51... these days I buy almost all of my Choas Marine and Eldar units from him. Sometimes you can get them for a bit cheaper, but other times you can get pretty good deals (like 2 rhinos for the price of 1). But yeah, with Australian shipping rates... you'd probably have to buy a decent amount of stuff to make it worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

Using pay pal, I see no way to be ripped of on ebay... I've had people not paying before(so I didn't send the item) and I've had people not send me what I won or send me something different, you can then just get your money back...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I've also had great luck with macpac51.
    "...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Macpac51 is pretty reliable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new Chimera and Basilisk kits are pretty much the same as they used to be only your paying the same price and not getting the accessory sprue. A bare bones chimera doesn't look very impressive either. I do like the demolisher kits with the easily swappable weapons. I just wish the track guards would fit on em. Haven't checked out the hellhound kit yet but it looks pretty cool. GW seems to keep following the trend of making you pay more for less stuff though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i feel your pain. If your in oz i recomend gamingdragon. They are cheaper than gw and they also stock kneadite (500g green stuff eq for $20ish) rare earth magnets and lots of other terrain and modeling stuff for basing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know how you feel man. I play with the Armageddon Steel Legion and the fact that they have always come with 10 men for $35 American really has limited to how many men i can get and forced me to go with veterans. I think it part of it is because they are really trying to push the catachan models (for some reason) much like they did with the Ultramarines in the new Space Marine Codex.
    Real players go Guard....Real Men go Airborne!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast