White Scars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Scars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x3)

I'm thinking about starting a White Scars army. Do you guys have any strategies? And can you think of a way to avoid buying all those expensive bikers?

Thanks in advance

Member of the Fluffmasters Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with the new rulez the white scars as a chapter has becamed for my opinion, second powerfullest. for a 1500 pts army there are about 28 bikes with a commander and also with some attack bikes , and every squad got a melta gun and plasma gun. They really rule the batllefield........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Pavarotus has said, White Scars will be insanely deadly on the battlefield with the new way Bikes work. Keep in mind, though, that White Scars are very hard to paint; And I can't think of any effective way to cut the cost on all the Bikers, either.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a couple of things you should think about before actually starting it.... first is to wait for the new codex (should come out next month or so) and see if the Chapter specific rules still aplly. I would like to remember you that the only IG Regiment that remained the same after the re launch of the new IG codex is Catachans which they have their own codex (White Scars don&#39;t).

Second is that although the bikes are now much better they still are very expensive. Also take a good look at the new rules, they may not be as good as initially though....
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

well you catn aviod the bikes but being able to take two CCws is a fantastic advantage my 1000 point list is roughly

commander on bike w power lance power swaord and iorn halo

9 bikes w extra ccw frag and krak grenades

10 scouts all w ccws

8 marines w rhino

land speeder typhoon

pred anhillator

this list has given me some wins lately and works best if you set up everything at the edge4 of your deployment and just slam your way up the feild. plz also note bikes allways get to assault after they have fired their bolters adn so can soften something up before plunging in.

so comparing them to assault marines

10 bikes at 6" = 20 bolter shots then 30 ccw attacks wounding on 4&#39;s
    assaul marines= 10 pistol rounds (losing charge bonus) 20 ccw attacks wounding on 5&#39;s

id go with the more expencive bikes ^_^

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh white scars, u have chosen the right chapter my friend, in 4th ed they rule, im starting ws me self, as for the expensive bikes factor, what i did was to bought used bikes, from a lot of different people , in e bay maybe u could find a good deal, once i saw this guy who sold 15 bikes, just primed, unpainted, in 30 pounds, really cheap, considering that the squad of 3 costs &#036;45.

As ascencion said, ws are really hard to paint, but if u do it right they will look awesome, i recomend brownlining in the bikes and armors, it makes a really good contrast with the white, better than blacklining, besides the painting, im planing to convert each and every bike and biker, making the bikes like choppers and giving the marines that mongolian barbarians look. I have converted and painted just my force commander and chaplain, i will try to post some pics, i just suck at taking pics.

As for the force oganization i wont use any tacticals on rhinos or marines in any kind of transports, the only guys not in a bike will be the assault squad with jumpacks, and besides that heavy support tanks, but no tacticals, they dont get the "hit and run" and extra attck that make white scars white scars, and they depend on their rhino, if the rhino is blown away, good bye mobility, they are turned into slow good ol marines, not speed demons like real white scars &#33;&#33;&#33;

So i recomend no tacticals in rhinos, take just bikes as troops, i know is a bit expensive, both point and money wise, but they worth it. Remember they now can move up to 24", and if they do they get a 3+ inv save.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So how the hell do they move 24" now? And this 3+ invl? My friend has 4th ed. but we must have missed that part when scanning over.
    <span style='color:red'>

Wins/Draws/Losses
    Dark Angels: 13/2/8
    Blood Angels: At the planning board
    (I know theres more but these are confirmed/official battles)
    </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I have the highest win record at my store (In percentages) with this White Scars list:

Unnamed1850 Pts - White Scars Army

1 Force Commander (HQ) @ 200 Pts
    Plasma Pistol (x1); Power Fist (x1)
    Bike
    Iron Halo
    Artificer Armour
    Terminator Honours
    Purity Seals

1 Chaplain (HQ) @ 190 Pts
    Plasma Pistol (x1); Power Lance (x1); Rosarius
    Bike
    Artificer Armour
    Terminator Honours
    Master Crafted Weapon
    Purity Seals

7 Bike Squad (Troops) @ 358 Pts
    Twin Bolter; Bolt Pistol / CCW (x5); Plasma Gun (x2); Blind Grenades

1 Veteran Sergeant
    Twin Bolter; Blind Grenades; Plasma Pistol (x1); Power Lance (x1)

7 Bike Squad (Troops) @ 358 Pts
    Twin Bolter; Bolt Pistol / CCW (x5); Plasma Gun (x2); Blind Grenades

1 Veteran Sergeant
    Twin Bolter; Blind Grenades; Plasma Pistol (x1); Power Lance (x1)

5 Tactical Squad (Troops) @ 208 Pts
    Bolter (x4); Lascannon (x1)

1 Sergeant @ [15] Pts
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep.

1 Razorback APC @ [103] Pts
    Twin Lascannon
    Smoke Launchers
    Dozer Blade
    Extra Armour

5 Tactical Squad (Troops) @ 208 Pts
    Bolter (x4); Lascannon (x1)

1 Sergeant
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep.

1 Razorback APC
    Twin Lascannon
    Smoke Launchers
    Dozer Blade
    Extra Armour

1 Land Speeder (Fast Attack) @ 65 Pts
    Multi-Melta (x1)

Multi-Melta (x1)

Multi-Melta (x1)

1 Predator &#39;Destructor&#39; (Heavy Support) @ 133 Pts
    2 Sponson Lascannon; Turret Autocannon
    Smoke Launchers
    Dozer Blade

Models in Army: 36

Total Army Cost: 1850

I realize that It&#39;s not up to 4th edition standards yet, cause I haven&#39;t bothered to remove the blind grenades and replace them with something else, but I just don&#39;t know what else to replace them with. This list works almost perfectly for me just like it is, even with the 4th edition rules.

I made the flamers and plasma guns exchangeable since they cost the same amount of points. This is so that I can use uber flamers of doom against armies with weak armor and plasma guns against power armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Moriar the Chosen@Sep 17 2004, 235
    So how the hell do they move 24" now? And this 3+ invl? My friend has 4th ed. but we must have missed that part when scanning over.
    [snapback]214782[/snapback]
    Read Page 53 in the rulebook about Bikes. Notice the bit under &#39;Movement Phase&#39; about Turbo Boosters? Now turn to the &#39;Universal Special Rules&#39; section on Page 76 and read the bit about Turbo Boosters.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Also notice that there is nothing saying they don&#39;t benefit from cover anymore.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast