In the next IG codex what changes would you like to see? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the next IG codex what changes would you like to see?

Who knows when its going to come out but... I'd like better storm troopers.

Help my dragon grow! And survive! By clicking!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed i would like to see better storm trooper stats by making them cheaper alone would make them better. Also instead of trying to push the Catachans they need to pick a much cooler army. Personally i would love to see either plastic Mordian, Valhallan, Steel Legion or Tallaran figs. They probably picked the worst guard army in my opinion to try and make popular. Unlike the Ultramarines and the Space Marine Codex this one seems to be backfiring as far as i can tell. However not really regarding the codex itself i think that GW as a whole needs to start releasing models along with the rules. The latest codexs have been horrible in the fact that they have these amazing things but no models for it, just plain laziness on their parts.
    Real players go Guard....Real Men go Airborne!

jboweruk

Feth, give it a chance, this one only came out last year, and already we have characters who can match the Astartes....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

well i dont seen any new ig codices coming out in the foreseeable future (probably greater than 2 years)

but i would like to see:
    -Techpriest Enginseers being even slightly usable. This includes a point reduction. A 45 pt Techpriest cost almost as much as a full infantry squad, but has 9 wounds less.
    -Penal Legion Squad need a slight point reduction. maybe to 75 points. the 1-2 gunslingers is next to useless, so maybe change that. also, penal legion squad's should be able to take, say, an additional 10 guys for 75 pts because they die too fast. the sergeant should be able to have options to get a power weapon or power fist.
    -ogryns get the option to be equipped with carapace armour? cheaper ogryns maybe?
    -and the scout salamander from IA would be nice

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

I'd like to see Gaunt return (I know you can almost make him, but the commissar lord version sucks compared to the old version) to the codex with Tanith upgrade characters like Corbec, and make Larkin a unique choice kinda like Marbo, same rules as he had in the chapter approved. I can dream right?

Make carapace a cheaper option, make medics cheaper as well (perhaps both 20 points) and give ogryns more rules or cheaper points and/or ability for bonehead to buy power weapon/fist

Make vanquisher more useable (either coaxial rules or can fire both shells)

change the rules of vox to no range on orders instead.

Give primaris psyker a hood

If inquisitors don't get their own codex by then, make them an HQ choice

Give guard artillery units (real fixed emplacement style artillery, similar to thunderfire cannon)

Make conscripts cheaper or able to get 2 CC weapons for free.
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jboweruk View Post
    Feth, give it a chance, this one only came out last year
    +1
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Just because it's new doesn't mean everything is perfect @ MadLarkin I agree 100% on the vox, the current rules make no sense to me. I also think that rough riders should get the option to take a wider range of weapons and have the "Counter Attack" USR.
    Last edited by Korona; April 29th, 2010 at 02:17.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Not a lot needs doing, I don't think. Just a few things to tweak:

- Point reduction in heavy weapons on the Sentinel (Lascannon, Plasma Cannon, etc) or a point raise for the Vendetta/Valkyrie. There is just no reason to take Sentinels anymore and it's a shame for such nice models.
    - Ogryns need the most work. There is just no reason to take Ogryns. They should be more like Berserker Ogryns from the Lost and the Damned army list. Power weapon upgrade would be nice, as would a points drop. And for crying out loud, let a Priest join them and let them ride in Vendettas/Valkyries.
    - Primaris Psyker could use some useful powers or a weaker/shorter ranged psychic hood (5+ maybe?).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Changes...

Voxes ignore order range
    Chimera can take turret autocannon for 5pts, come on IA can do it...
    Vanquisher can fire both shells
    Stormtrooper lose hotshot weapons, at a pts drop, say 12 for special missions and grenades free, along with the pistol and ccw, also their guns go to S4 AP-
    Armoured Sentinel becomes elites
    Basalisk goes down to min range 24", or to 110pts
    Conscripts get free send in the next wave, and go to 5pts/model
    Ogryns go to 45pts and get FnP

How's that for a list?

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm all in for changing the vox. Why does the raido work as far as they can shout anyway? The may as well be writing orders on rocks and throwing them at squads.

*sarg hit in back of head with rock* we have orders men... "turn on the raido you fraging idiots"

Maybe vet crew for tanks +1 bs and have them as an upgrade (i'm sure your hq wouldnt have green troops driving his transport)

Ogryns, yeah feel no pain and or better armour

making hotshot lasguns work as lasguns for orders (why did they even change the name?) and maybe increase the str to 4

Tec priest be more useful, bolster defences or reduce rolls on damage table

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast