B-angels land raider question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B-angels land raider question

Ok, so i was looking at the options for tactical marines and it said they can take a dedicated transport, see page 90. My question is can they take a land raider as a dedicated transport? I noticed that the land raiders were on pg 91 and i wasn't sure if they meant they can only select a transport on pg 90, or if they can select a transport starting on pg 90 through 91.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

Yes, they can take a Land Raider. It says "any dedicated transport... see pg 90," and not "any dedicated transport on page 90". The page number is just to reference what page to begin looking on. Terminators, on the other hand, explicitly state "any Land Raider... see pg 91." (just to show the difference)

Hope this helps-
    -BGS
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

This has come up before. Honestly, I don't see how "any dedicated transport" could mean anything other than any dedicated transport.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. I was just a little surprised they were given the option after having played vanilla marines for a while. It just kinda jumped out to me. Is this a new thing or are there other codices out there that let tac marines take raiders?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Black Templars can take Crusaders as transports for most of their squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by solidcarl View Post
    Ok. I was just a little surprised they were given the option after having played vanilla marines for a while. It just kinda jumped out to me. Is this a new thing or are there other codices out there that let tac marines take raiders?
    I reckon it's GW trying to sell more Land Raiders. It's a sensible decision, though. There's no reason why tactical marines can't take the massive supertanks if they're available.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle View Post
    I reckon it's GW trying to sell more Land Raiders. It's a sensible decision, though. There's no reason why tactical marines can't take the massive supertanks if they're available.
    Besides, it's not like LR spam is a big deal any more. At least, I don't think so.. They're expensive, and very easy to tear apart with melta's if left unsupported.. and LRs can't support each other so well. They're still difficult in any quantities for certain lists though (like Orks).

A sensible player will appreciate having the options available, but will not go overboard with them, only taken them where they fit tactically. I don't expect this to become the norm though, as the BA apparently have an abundance of LRs in operation compared to other Chapters.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

415 (x8)

There's also that incoming mech supplement. Spearhead or Speartip or something. GW might be trying to popularise mech armies in the lead-up.

They're still difficult in any quantities for certain lists though (like Orks).
    Oh, I don't know. In the 1000-2000 range, deffrollas should be sufficient to counter LR spam. Higher than that and you'll be hampered by the fact that Battlewagons are limited to heavy support; lower and you're unlikely to see Raiders in the first place.

+ Reply to Thread