Orbital Strike - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Orbital Strike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the new FAQ, it's clearified that you can place the template WITHIN the terrain piece.

This is worse than how I've been doing it. In the past I have just made the template touch the terrain piece, even if it's just a little bit of the edge. There may have been no confusion before, but I was wrong reguardless. You need to be completely within the terrain with the template, not just template center, or anything else. Unless if it's smaller than the template you just cover it I assume.

How has everyone else played the orbital strike? Frankly I see even less reason to field one besides the always enjoyable fear factor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OS is a terrible waste of points, no matter what. Unless you're playing with major terrain pieces that are simply too huge to dodge AND are already in deployment zones, OS is barely even worth worrying about.
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

To me, it's always been clear that you had to place the strike inside, not adjacent to the terrain piece. I thought they cleared that up in the last FAQ. Oh well.

I only use them when I&#39;m playing an army packed with tanks (IG armored company) or packed with infantry (Nids), not for any inbetweens. Works great for breaking up enemy artillery positions or placing on a terrain-heavy board to block an essential chokepoint. What I *don&#39;t* expect it to do is to own the enemy. I mean, it&#39;s a < 100pt item - what do you expect it to do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you&#39;re going to take it, take Lance Strike. Ignores terminator armor, instant-kills T5 characters and can still penetrate Land Raiders on a die roll of 4, (thanks to new rules concerning AP1.) What&#39;s more, it&#39;s cheaper than the melta torpedoes which, while nice with anti-tank benefits, doesn&#39;t have as much usage or strength as the lance strike.
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never used Orbital Strike, has anyone had something really good come of it and if so what would be the chances of that happening?

FOR FREEDOM, FOR HONOUR, FOR BLOOD

Closed Thread