Building Storm Ravens - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Building Storm Ravens

How do you do it? (hope this is in the right place btw)

I have my heartset on a new stormraven as a heavy support choice. Was wondering if anyone had built one from scatch and how they did it/if they had any pics.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

I heard a rumour that a model (or a similar skimmer) is being released when DH and WH are updated, however they might be doing that. I've seen a model at a local GW constructed out of a Valkyrie and a Land Raider. It seems expensive to make, and I've never assembled a Valkyrie before so I don't want to risk screwing it up.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Check out BoLS for a very good step by step of building one... IMHO, all those are great for hobbyists, but expensive and time consuming when used primarily as a game piece. Plus, if you want to have more than one, it might be hard to build two in exactly the same way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I've been compiling potential designs for when I get around to building one (assuming I do that before an actual kit comes out):

My least favorite design, but the one with the best tutorial I've seen: DakkaDakka - Warhammer 40K Forums - CRUX Pattern Blood Angels Storm Raven Tutorial - Updated with Magnetized Weapon Options.

A design I really like, though its second to my favorite (no tutorial to speak of, just some pics): DakkaDakka - Warhammer 40K Forums - CRUX Pattern Blood Angels Storm Raven Tutorial - Updated with Magnetized Weapon Options.
    Blood Angels Storm Raven Conversion - Page 4 - Warhammer 40k, Fantasy, Wargames & Miniatures Forum: Bell of Lost Souls Lounge (this thread has a lot of other pictures of other designs, but around halfway down the page the poster posts about 8 photos of the thing with some different angles)
    http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9136/stormraven2.jpg (Painted stormraven, which is pretty awesome)

Another design, not my favorite, but here it is: DakkaDakka - Gallery - Blood Angels Storm Raven Drop Ship

And finally there's the one in this thread, which is my favorite, both on account of it looking cool (like a mini-Thunderhawk) and on account of it being a relatively simply kit bash compared to some of the other ones: Stormraven

I hope these help. As for an official model, I have no idea when it's coming, so I'm inclined to build one myself. That being said, I might not be able to get around to it until fall, so if a model becomes available between now and then (or is at least announced), then I'll go with it.
    Space Marines: Bringing Swords to Gunfights since 30k. And winning.
    "Why is there a big red button on the bridge that says 'Exterminatus?'" "Why wouldn't we have one of those? I love that thing."

+ Reply to Thread