Uh, oh BA Vindicators... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, oh BA Vindicators...

In the BA codex, the Demolisher Cannon is only "Ordnance 1".

While in the SM codex its "Ordnance 1, Barrage".

And in the Space Wolves codex its "Ordnance 1, Large Blast"

Does this mean BA Vindicators are not Barrage/blast weapons?

Someone said to me its a typo in the BA codex, but its on pages 60 & 96... Typo on two pages?

What say you?

I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

1. The BA demolisher is Ordnanace, but not a blast or barrage weapon. This means that it is only a single shot, but it also does not scatter, instead following the usual rules for shooting.
    2. The SM demolisher is Ordnance Barrage, meaning that it uses a large blast (like all barrage weapons) and has the option of firing without LOS and causing Pinning at the cost of extra scatter and no movement.
    3. The Space Wolf demolisher is Ordnance Large Blast, meaning that it uses a large blast, but cannot be fired as a barrage weapon like the SM demolisher.

A massive cock-up by GW in general. They may as well rename it the Schrodinger Cannon.
    Last edited by ze_poodle; May 11th, 2010 at 10:19.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle View Post
    2. The SM demolisher is Ordnance Barrage
    Though this has been FAQed to Ordnance 1, Large Blast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    Though this has been FAQed to Ordnance 1, Large Blast.
    News to me. Last game I played a friend used it to clear out five assault marines from behind a wall.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

The SM Codex FAQ has indeed corrected the SM Codex version of the demolisher cannon to read Ordnance 1, Large Blast. (Nov 2009)

@reziztor. Yes it can be a typo on two pages, just like the typo in the SM Codex. (Page 80 and Page 144).
    Last edited by Xpyre35; May 11th, 2010 at 15:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys. So BA pay 30 points more for a Vindicator that no longer uses the Large Blast? It's like a Lascannon that has better armor penetration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

This has got to be an unintentional mix-up. There's no practical reason for this to have changed between codices and precedent is that Imperial weaponry is much more often than not identical across the board and the SM FAQ supports what the weapon is supposed to be.

Unfortunately people will likely abuse it until an FAQ comes out, but locally we'll (and be we'll I mean I'll) be running it as a Large Blast weapon and anyone who wants to be unsportsmanlike about it can find another table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Wait for the FAQ. Until then, if you want to field a vindicator, just explain to your opponent that the rule as written makes zero sense, and that for now it should be houseruled to be Ordnance 1, Large Blast.

Anybody been to a tournament since the BA codex came out? What did they rule there?
    Space Marines: Bringing Swords to Gunfights since 30k. And winning.
    "Why is there a big red button on the bridge that says 'Exterminatus?'" "Why wouldn't we have one of those? I love that thing."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Ordnance weapons are still large blasts, guys. It's just a case of GW not explicitly stating that they're large blasts in the codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the rulebook says "...all ordnance blast weapons use the Large Blast Marker. The rulebook also states "All barrage weapons use blast markers."
    The BA Vindicator does not have "barrage" or "blast".

I have never played against IG, does the Valkyrie Hellstrike Missile use blast? It is also just "Ordnance 1".
    Last edited by reziztor; May 11th, 2010 at 21:38.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast