need help BA vs Ork Can Wall - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need help BA vs Ork Can Wall

Hey guys, I'm in serious trouble here. I'll be playing against a professor at my local college within the next 2 weeks and he runs a kan wall which i have very little experience with.

my list as is at 1500pts
    Dante
    2 assualt squad, flamer, meltagun, powerfist, +5 men
    assualt squad, flamer, meltagun, +5 men
    scout squad
    2 sanguinary priest, jump pack
    baal pred with firestorm
    2 predator with side las cannons

Please note that I cant change my list anymore and we are going to be playing on a 4x4 board.

What i know he is running are;
    Big mek (maybe 2)
    kans
    2 wagons
    lootas.

As of right now, he's the top player in our store.

My initial plan was to deepstrike with Dante with an assualt squad, as he doesnt scatter and either burn the lootas or kill the wagon, but then he would get charged and possibly wipe. I was also thinking of outflanking withe the baal.

Any help strategy is much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Off the top of my head? You're going to need a lot more ranged anti-tank. 3 AC/LC predators and some baals with TLACs will do a decent job of this. The flamestorm cannon is massively inefficient against orks, any marine with a normal flamer will do just as good a job. Dante's a little overpriced for a 1500 game, I'd suggest dropping him for a cheaper HQ. Seth comes to mind, for his S8 ability to pick out individual models in CC. Instant death against some scary Orks, if you can get him in base contact with the bad ones.

Go with double flamers on the assault squads, and consider dropping the scout squad for a mechanised assault squad. This would give you a very solid squad of objective sitters, and let you use the jump pack teams as reaction forces.

+ Reply to Thread