Immobolized with Wings of Sanguinis? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Immobolized with Wings of Sanguinis?

Should a Immobolized dead beable to move using wings of saguinis?

I am pretty sure rule wise they can not. But i think they should be able to since it is a psychic power moving them not something mechanical.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by thiazi View Post
    Should a Immobolized dead beable to move using wings of saguinis?

I am pretty sure rule wise they can not. But i think they should be able to since it is a psychic power moving them not something mechanical.
    More of a Rules Forum question, but to the best of my knowledge and without having the books in front of me for a direct cross-reference I'd actually think that you *could* move after being Immobilized or Stunned if you successfully cast Wings of Sanguinius. In this instance you move as Jump Infantry, not as a Walker Vehicle and Immobilized and Crew Stunned results only affect vehicles.

The real question is if you cast Wings do you count as Jump Infantry or do you count as both Jump Infantry and a Vehicle for movement purposes. I'd have to look at the exact wording of the Psychic Power to be sure, but I'd tend toward the former from what I remember (i.e. I believe it replaces your current unit type for movement purposes).

Again, I could be totally wrong though. I don't have the books with me at work (with good reason, I wouldn't get anything done! )

Now w/ English voice-over LastDinosaur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x1)

Interesting~!

The wording on psychic power is like this:
    "... . It allows the Librarian to move as if he had a jump pack. ..."

One could think that you'd be allowed to move, I don't think this is the case though.

Keep in mind that a walker normally moves as infantry, and still immobilized results prevent it from moving. Thus I see no reason that moving as if it had a jump pack would allow it to move when it wouldn't normally be allowed to otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by LastDinosaur View Post
    Keep in mind that a walker normally moves as infantry, and still immobilized results prevent it from moving. Thus I see no reason that moving as if it had a jump pack would allow it to move when it wouldn't normally be allowed to otherwise.
    Hrm, good point. I'd have to look at the exact wording in both the Jump Infantry and Walker movement sections and the wording on Immobilized/Stunned to be sure.

The intention I think would be obvious that they couldn't move, that's what Immobilized/Stunned is meant to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darguth View Post
    The intention I think would be obvious that they couldn't move, that's what Immobilized/Stunned is meant to do.
    I fully agree and expect this to be the case; although until now dreadnoughts were not ment to use psychic powers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by thiazi View Post
    I fully agree and expect this to be the case; although until now dreadnoughts were not ment to use psychic powers.
    To be honest I figured when I saw the Furioso Librarian that the Wings of Sanguinius psychic power would not be among the list of powers from which you could choose. I was very surprised to see it there, I figured jump infantry dreadnaughts would eventually cause some kind of rules confusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x3)

Thing is (as this has been brought up before), the Immobilized damage result in the vehicles section of the BRB states pretty clearly that an immobilized vehicle cannot move for the rest of the game. It doesn't say that they can't move normally, nor does it say that they can't move in the fashion that they were originally intended, it just says they can't move, end of sentence. So RAW wise IMO the issue is resolved there, they can't move if they are immobilized whether they have pretty wings or not. I would be remiss if I did not say that their are some who do feel differently though, but TBH I find their arguments pretty weak.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm...this is pretty simple...the power makes whatever casts it count as jump infantry...therefore a dread that has it still may not move as it is still immobilized...
    I serve my master and do as he wants. He wants the badlands, thus they will be his.
    -Shriva the Damned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBludgen View Post
    umm...this is pretty simple...the power makes whatever casts it count as jump infantry...therefore a dread that has it still may not move as it is still immobilized...
    Agreed!
    How can you Master the Masterless?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

What Bludgen said. You have to be able to move in the first place before you can move as Jump Infantry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast