A (justified) rant... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

A (justified) rant...

Well I had to post this somewhere, had to tell someone, lest my head explode, leaving an unpleasant mess for someone to clean up.

I recently bough the Land Speeder Storm. Love the model, love the kid. But it only comes with a heavy bolter. Now, I have used all three options - the multi-melta, the heavy flamer, and the heavy bolter. The heavy bolter is terrible. I would happily pay the points for the upgrade - unfortunately, GW in all its wisdom didn't include either bloody weapon.

So today I bought a Razorback. Been using a proxy recently with an assault cannon; its performed so well I decided to buy one. Lo and behold, there is no assault cannon.

Flying into a rage of frustration and disbelief, I decide to give GW a call and suss out just what goes through their heads. What did they tell me?

The first thing they suggested: BUY A BAAL PREDATOR FOR THE ASSAULT CANNONS

Wow. another $69.

It was also suggested I buy.... a $28 LRC upgrade sprue (useless much), or suggesting I buy a pair of metal assault cannons (great, hacking up metal so I can use a tank without proxying something).

After being told this is just not good enough (to the effect of those words, anyway):
    "The games designers thought it would be great to give players the option, but unfortunately the kit was released before those options became available."

I had my codex, and the Razorback box next to me. Both Copyright GW 2008, so I conceded that point.

But hang on, what about the Storm?
    " ---Silence----". Look, I'm sorry mate, it doesn't come with the model but there are heaps of options out there. Think of it as a conversion opportunity.

ITT: Nope, no good reason, you're just going to have to through more large sums of money at us to achieve a solution.

&@*#tards.

/rant

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, if they say in the codex that you can upgrade to use a weapon of some sort, the box should come with one. They would be better off with their corrupt reasons to include it anyways: new players will use too many upgrades on their units (like i did...320 point DC is useless), then be forced to buy more to get a competitive army once they realize.

If you wanted another rhino and still get your assault cannons, i think the Baal predator is close enough to a rhino that you can use it's base.
    Victory points for the victory point God!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I completely agree with you, I have lots of units that don't have the right Weapons atm since the boxes come with too little options,
    the Dreadnought as example, where is the Standard Multi Melta? yeah in the AoBR box, woohoo..

Would be nice if GW would sell bits, at least Weapons.
    I usually get my bits there at the moment: http://www.thewarstore.com/battlewagonbits.html
    + We are changer, we are danger // Fallen angels, yet stranger +
    + WIP CSM & DH Exorcists in the making +

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With regard to the storm specifically you could add more landspeeders to your army -tornados come with assaultcannons and all of the kits come with multi-melt .. well all except storm apparently

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Completely agree with you Draake, but i got to feel sorry for the poor grunt on the end of the phone who most likely agrees too but cant say that. The space marines are littered with things like this, but i think they are imporving slowly. Take the plastic Devastators - five marines and eight heavy weapons, plus a powerfist, to load them up with.
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

It's an old problem, but one that is (VERY slowly) improving. Guard with shotguns, Leman Russ variants, Dreadnoughts with anything other than assault cannon/power fist, the Razorback, the Stormraven and even my beloved Jetbike Seer Council. None of them had models (some still don't), but all were well worth fielding at the time. Ignis suggested the only real solution: Bitz purchasing. Games Workshop used to do this, but stopped for some reason. Unless you have a ridiculous collection of them yourself (I just put together a tactical and an assault squad entirely out of leftovers) then buying them from smaller sites is your only option.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Honestly, I think assault cannons are one of the things I'm NOT lacking in. You get 6 of them with each ravenwing battleforce, so my problem for getting them on razerbacks is a matter of the turret rings to mount them on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Ah yes, the Dreadnought kit. Can't believe I forgot about that. The AoBR dread even looks bad next to a proper one, cheers for the gimped model GW. On the upside, people flog these things off on ebay cheaply all the time. Brand new $20 dread? With a MM? Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by watchwood
    Completely agree with you Draake, but i got to feel sorry for the poor grunt on the end of the phone who most likely agrees too but cant say that. The space marines are littered with things like this, but i think they are imporving slowly. Take the plastic Devastators - five marines and eight heavy weapons, plus a powerfist, to load them up with.
    He was very understanding etc, to be honest I found it hard to let my anger out on him. The most that came through in my voice was sheer frustration - which is why I was seething afterwards, hadn't vented any of that RAGE.

Quote Originally Posted by praxis View Post
    Honestly, I think assault cannons are one of the things I'm NOT lacking in. You get 6 of them with each ravenwing battleforce, so my problem for getting them on razerbacks is a matter of the turret rings to mount them on.
    Magnets are you friend, friend!

On a lighter note, I did hop along to my local club tonight and have some fun. And so the day balances out!

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

Just another suggestion: eBay. I've been purchasing bits from eBay for almost two years. And have had some really great deals. The key thing to look out for is shipping prices, and secondly be patient. Bidding on items and leaving them be if you get out bid, will save you a ton of money down the road. There will always be another auction of bits for a popular item.

Edit: ninja'd on the eBay suggestion.
    Last edited by Xpyre35; May 26th, 2010 at 15:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Ah yes, the magical world of ebay. My plasti-crack addiction took a turn for the worse when I discovered the savings to be made a couple of years ago. About half my army can trace its origins from the internets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast