Daemonhunter allies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemonhunter allies

Hey

as a Blood Angel player (accidently started them because someone gave me Sanguinor :p ), who was enchanted by the sheer awesomeness of the Grey Knights, and having heard they could ally, I really wanted to ally in a unit if possible, the fact that the codex is gonna be on the site soon enough was an extra argument to do so, but I was wondering.

For goodlooking models, which are cost-effective, would you experienced Daemon Hunters advice me to take the Grey Knight Terminator box, or 2 Blisters grey Knights and a blister with a Justicar (iirc the justicar was a psyker?(in gameterms, I know fluffwise GK are all psykers, another reason to like them:p )).
    The Terminators look awesome, but €50 is a lot for them, while the PAGK are extremly good models as well.

Fluffwise, I got a daemon army to pit against my horrificly unlucky Lamentors, but some nearbye Grey Knights, having heard of the Daemon infestation and the Lamentors plight go to their aid, would this be acceptable?

thx in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Really any greyknight unit is scary with a Sanguine Priest. They are all S6 (cept PAGK with a special weapon) and throw in FNP and Furious Charge? Hell yea. Either one will work imo. If you need scoring units, go with the PAGK otherwise, the GKTs usually outperform them. Fluffwise, yes all GKs are psykers, but in game only GKTs and higher can get powers with the GKTs only able to get Holocaust.

What to buy it ultimately up to you, but it's a choice of 5 GKTs or 5 PAGK, the GKTs will outshine them easily. Stick a priest in there and let the daemonic heads roll.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

This is super lame, but if your main opponent is Demons, PAGKs are better than GKTs. There reason is that terminators are paying for power weapons which they will not get to use as all demons have invulnerable saves. I mean sometimes it is worth paying an extra 21 points for aesthetic awesomeness, but if you want to win games against demons, just get the PAGKs.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Not to mention that PAGK's can get 2 incinerators for dirt-cheap. Put a squad of 5 in a LR and that's how you kill daemons. Ironically, you don't need to give them a sanguinary priest against daemons, as almost all daemons that can fight will ignore FNP anyways.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BC+ Psy
    GKT+ Psy
    3-4 GKT

= win.

PAGK for an incinerator or two in a transport sure are reasonably effective, assuming you don't get your vehicle blown up and then get ripped to shreds. But your paying a premium.

On the other hand Psycannons also ignore invulns, are str 6 with a high rate of fire, AND can be used at full range while on the move by GKT.
    The GKT are more expensive, but they can also take proper anti psyker powers on the BC if you like, some of which could be quite useful against daemons.

Even if you take the GKT with Incins, they are still pretty good despite being limited by close range, and they still get NFW's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It are my own daemons for some matches with friends who don't play

In every case, thx all for the advice, it's very usefull.

One little thing I was wondering, I can't seem to find a GrandMaster in the GWrange, could he be represented by the character in the Terminator box? If so i might take him because I'm a great fan of Psykers and yes the main reason is aesthetic awesomeness (if they weren't all metal I might have started them, but as student one squad will be quite the maximum I can reasonably invest )

+ Reply to Thread