Model Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Model Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Model Question

This may not be the correct place to post this but I'm going to give it a shot any how. What I'm looking to find out is in the codex i see the Assault marines have a lot of BA stuff on them, IE blood drops, winged swords and shoulder pads, and cups and such. Are these cannibalized from other BA models or are these BA specific assault marines? So far i have looked at the GW web sight and all i can come up with is the regular space marines with no chapter addictions. I realy would like to get all the little additions that make them look so much cooler and dont mind having to buy bits to so do but if i can get them in one box set then i would rather do that. if they are cannibalized, can anyone give me so ideas of what models the additions come from? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Well, the Shoulder Pads are a bitz order. I believe you get 10 of them for around 12 dollars (American) The other stiff, as far as I can tell is "Cannibalized" from the Sanguinary Guard box set. Other than that, I would say you could make your own cups, symbols, and anything else out of Green Stuff.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

You want to look at the Death Company box set. It's enough to build 5 Death Company marines and enough bits to add Blood Angel goodness to at least two more squads.

http://bitzbarn.com/oscommerce/catal...panySprue1.jpg

http://bitzbarn.com/oscommerce/catal...panySprue2.jpg
    Last edited by The Paint Monkey; May 29th, 2010 at 01:46.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

The bits you're referring to come from the Death Company and Sanguinary Guard plastic sets. Each one makes five models, but has an intentional excess of bits; twice as many shoulderpads as you need, half again as many heads and weapons and so on. If you buy a couple of those boxes you'll have plenty left over to pimp out your regular assault marines.

Alternately, if you just want the extra torsos or something you can go on Ebay and pick up the bits separately.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread