TWC and Fenrisian wolves ideas. Help. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TWC and Fenrisian wolves ideas. Help.

Would it be reasonable to convert Goblin Wolf Riders as TWC or Fenrisian wolves?

I'm just trying to gather ideas together.

Also thinking about getting this, this, or this for test models, but I don't even think they would be convertible due to not being made of resin. Would I be right? Or are there ways around this? I'm not familiar enough to really know.

What are the exact sizes of the different cavalry/beasts bases?

Any suggestions on what people generally use or is just a free-for-all on what they like best/cheapest? I see that people use the Warhounds of Chaos...maybe I should go/put this in the modeling section...yeah.

Last edited by MylesTheTroll; June 2nd, 2010 at 16:24.
    Notable Achievements: Farseer w/ SS taking down a Monolith all by itself in one shooting phase. A Warlock w/ SS in a Guardian squad on an objective taking down a Soul Grinder in one Shooting phase. 2nd turn 2 DSing Trygon Primes going from 6-0 wounds during turn 3.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

I use Vampire Counts Dire Wolves as my Thunderwolves and Chaos Beasts as my Fenrisian Wolves. Easy enough to convert with a bit of Green Stuff and a few Marine bitz. Thunderwolf Cavalry bases are 60mm (Dreadnought-sized) bases, Fenrisian Wolves are on 25x50mm cavalry bases.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Goblin wolf riders seem a bit small for Thunderwolves. Those wolves would be fine for Fenrisian wolves, but so would Chaos warhounds or Vampire counts wolves.

As for Thunderwolves, I think the best model you could currently choose are the Orc Boar riders. True, they're boars and not wolves, but a little green stuff could change that, or the Space Wolves could just be riding boars.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    286 (x5)

get enough canis wolfborn minatures and leave canis off on all but one so u have ace fighter in army with apprpiately sized critters

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MylesTheTroll View Post

Also thinking about getting this, this, or this for test models, but I don't even think they would be convertible due to not being made of resin. Would I be right? Or are there ways around this?
    They are plastic so normal glues and greenstuff would work as well as with any plastic miniatures.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

+ Reply to Thread