What And Why is the Best Leman Russ Variant - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What And Why is the Best Leman Russ Variant

I will start off by saying that a punisher is a good all around variant, with plasma-cannon sponsons and a heavy flamer or heavy bolter. The punisher gatling cannons' stats make it so it basically fires 20 heavy bolter shots in one turn, and plasma on vehicles does not get hot.

Zlat, itza hex, loq gor, goq huan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

You know I really hate these threads. There is no way to definitively says what "the best" tank or vehicle or infantry, etc, is. They all have different purposes so it's pointless to compare to each other. Not only that but a tank that fits well with one army list may not fit well with another. Stop using such general questions and focus them more.

You will learn a lot more and annoy less people.

/end rant

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Like hockeyman said, we have had a large number of threads on thios topic. Use the forum search (it's located at the far right of the fairly empty black bar directly below the blue bar with "home" "Forum" "Showcase"...

This thread probobly has all you need to know.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...an-russes.html

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

The Demolisher is the most well-rounded. The only type of target that it cannot effectively handle is Monstrous Creatures that are immune to ID, although it can easily knock a single wound off.
    I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Standard Russ, Long range and large MEQ killing pieplate. Without sponsons it cheap too

OR

Demolisher, TEQ killing Pieplate and will pretty much instant kill anything that's not a heavily armored vehicle, monsterous creature or has a rediculous invounrable save (stormshield terminators, I'm looking at you), keep it clean and cheap.

(use melta vets or suicide melta stormtroopers for anti vehicle and monsterous creatures (plasma works here too but it's not as "allround" as the melta)

I think that's pretty much the conclusion of all treads like this, not to burst your bubble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright Klesk since it is apparent you are a brand new member on here i will cut you a little slack. However as several other posters on here have pointed out this thread is overdone and has been gone over quite a bite. There is no "this leman russ is better then that one". Depending on what type of army your running, your planned strategy or what you need to balance out your list each variant is good in its own way. Since your new ill give you some advice, look through a few pages of threads to find other discussions like these and that will give you some insight. Threads like this do get repetitive and annoying as you have noticed from other players replies to this post. Look before you post, will save you alot of grief mate, and welcome to Librarium Online. Cheers.
    Real players go Guard....Real Men go Airborne!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

I think he gets the point now

The others are right, there is no such thing as 'the best Leman Russ'. However, if its a balanced tank that you're after, that can adapt to pretty much any situation it would either be a bog standard vanilla Russ, or a demolisher.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well personally I believe that the best Russ is...just kidding, agree wholeheartedly with everything already said. Welcome to LO friend!

+ Reply to Thread