Allies in a Spearhead - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allies in a Spearhead

Hi all
    Just wondering about using allies in a spearhead for Daemonhunters.

Firstly do these allies ignore the current restrictions on taking units or do you still need to fulfill the minimum requirements, e.g. if I want to take a spearhead of 3 sentinels from the IG codex will I still need to have a infantry platoon or not?

Also are you able to combine different allies units together to form a spearhead, e.g. if I have a Witch Hunters Immolator, a Grey Knights Rhino and a IG Chimera are these all able to form a single spearhead or do they have to all be from the same codex?

Hopefully I havent overlooked a specific mention of these rules and if I have then sorry

Thanks for your help guys
    Yoshi

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jboweruk

to question 1. no, they just follow the spearhead rules, that is 0-1 of normal units and 1+ spearheads.
    To 2/ AFIK no, you would have to do it from the same 'dex, but I could be wrong as it doesn't specifically say that anywhere. From a fluff POV then defo no, as it states they are veterans who work together normally, and know how to. However, that said, a WH or DH force is nearly always made up of drafted grunts and their backup so...

see what others think on that but if you are playing me, I wouldn't have a problem with it. As long as you let me field a spearhead of mixed Marine/guard/eldar tanks if I needed to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jboweruk View Post
    a WH or DH force is nearly always made up of drafted grunts and their backup so...
    This is where I am confused as I could see the allies training extensively with the main army so that they can work to full effectiveness, e.g. inquisitorial stormtroopers. I certaintly wouldnt want to go into war if I hadnt trained with my allies.
    Obviously I wouldnt use Spaz Marine tanks in the army as they cannot be allied into a Daemonhunters army
    At the moment I am specifically thinking of taking an immolator and 2 sentinals in an outrider spearhead. I can see these units training together before a battle as (fluff wise) they would be part of my inquititorial stormtroopers force

jboweruk

The only thing that might preclude you is that it says unless otherwise stated all units must be from the same entry in the army list, so you wouldn't be allowed to take a mixed Tank Hunters for example. Other than that I can't see anywhere that stops you.

+ Reply to Thread