Send in the next wave ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Send in the next wave ?

Hey guys, urrm my buddy collects Gaurd and we have been having a discussion about how Commander Chenkov's special rule "send in the next wave" is applied. My buddy says that you remove the squad from play and any casualties suffered are reembellished to that squad when it comes back in from reserve. I tend to think it is simply to remove a unit from play and have it enter from reserve as it was the turn it was removed. Which is the case ? From the cost of this rule to implement it seems like what my mate thinks is true but still.

you cannot shoot my harliquins because beneath their mask is an idea and ideas are bulletproof

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

When you use the order, everyone in the first squad (including attached characters) collective heads explodes. They die. They give a kill point.

When the new squad comes into play, it exactly identical to the first squad in every possible way (without the attached ICs, however). It is worth another kill point. Otherwise it is exactly the same as if you had just bought it.

Example:

You shoot and kill 20 of my 50 guardsmen. I have 30 left. You charge my guys. They hold. On my turn, I send in the next wave. All my guys die (mysteriously), and 50 more whiteshields walk on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet thanks man
    you cannot shoot my harliquins because beneath their mask is an idea and ideas are bulletproof

Experimental Strategist Sun the Unwilling's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Slight error there, if you take them of during a turn, they come on the next turn. Not on the same turn.

Also it works when they are totally wiped out, not just only when you remove them from play.
    "Hard pounding, gentlemen: but we shall see who can pound the longest."
    Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Yep, after yoy lose the entire squad they will come back onto the board at the beginning of your NEXT turn, and you can of course sacrifice them at the beggining of your turn.

Examples:
    40 Conscripts are charged (Bottom of turn 3), they manage to hold (by some feat of luck they could hold), then at the beginniong of your movement phase (Top of turn 4) you remove them, only to have other parts of your army fire at the unit. They will come back during the start of your next turn (Top of turn 5)

Same situation, however this time your conscripts are charged and all killed in a sweeping advance (Bottom of turn 3). They will come onto the board at the start of your turn (Top of turn 4), as they were destroyed during your opponents turn and not yours.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... what happens if they are in A'lharim's platoon... do they continue to outlfank? That would be nasty as hell...
    Comedy Fantasy Wargaming / Roleplaying goodness: http://www.warheadsthegame.com

Website design and development awesomeness: http://madcatdigital.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The new unit moves onto the board form the player's board edge."

- Imperial Guard Codex, p65

So, no ^^

Cheers ^^
    http://refraintofsanity.blogspot.com/
    -"Oh God, this is going to take a while..."

+ Reply to Thread