Salamanders! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Salamanders!

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

12 (x1)

I am starting a Salamanders army and I wanted to say hello to the Salamanders community, see how many of you there are, and see if I could draw upon your experience.

Secondly, I was hoping to find out as much fluff about the Salamanders as possible. This is my first out-of-the-book Space Marine army. All my others have been spin offs of Blood Angels and Vanilla Marines.

Thirdly, are there any special tactics you use or are the Salamanders fairly generic. I understand with the forgefather you get twinlinked weapons of various kinds (I didn't mention them just in case I'd be breaking the rules somehow) . Also I wanted to know if the forgefather is even worth his points and how you most effectively use him.

Forthly, I have a somewhat generic question. I've been playing sence just before 3rd ed and I remember if you had a command squad you could add additional HQ units to it without paying for the additional HQ slot. Does this still apply. I didn't see it when I read through, but I'm hoping I missed it.

Lastly, if you have any cool conversions or paint jobs, I would love some inspiration. Particularly base modeling, I am open to learning about using plasticard and modeling putty, or whatever the material is, to make a neat base. Keep in mind I have never used plasticard or putty, so step-by-step would be great!

Thank you for your help and advice.

Happy Gaming!

BattleFleet Gothic:
    Valhallan 23rd Imperial Navy: ~2500 pts
    Blood Lord SM Fleet: ~1000 pts

Warhammer 40,000:
    Valhallan 23rd Imperialist Guard: ~6,000 pts
    BT SM: ~2000 pts
    DA SM: ~1000 pts
    BA SM: ~1500 pts
    Tau: ~250

2. Remove Advertisements

12 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

Salamanders are all about close-ranged firefights. Anything with a lot of flame/melta stuff is fluffy for them.

Vulkan's pretty good. He's a solid fighter in his own right, and he adds a lot to the weapons of your troops by making the good stuff twin-linked. His lists are usually kinda cookie-cutter, though.

+ Reply to Thread