Space marine megaforce ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space marine megaforce ideas

later in the week im going to be buying my friends old space marine megaforce (and the tau one) off of him i think he also has a landraider and some bikes but im not sure about them and im looking for ideas for what i should do with the models

eg.chapter, army list, other units to buy

toki.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I cant remember whats in the megaforce. Got the strike force and battle force big boxes, and if they are anything to go by, the megaforce must be huge. Do you know whats in it, exactly ?
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah im pretty sure it had 20 tactical marines, 5 scouts, 5 jump pack guys, razorback a predetor, and a dreadnought but he wants to keeps the dred for sentimental purposes.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Thats pretty close to the strike force loadout. Very nice box set. The strike force had twenty tacticals, a commander and command squad, two Rhinos, a Whirlwind, Vindicator and Land Raider, while the battleforce came with fifteen tacticals, five assault and five scouts, and a single Rhino.

As for what to do with the models, first get the marine codex if you havnt already, its crammed full of handy hints and pictures as well as the marines rules. Then i'd read through all the posts on the unique chapters, like the Blood Angels, space Wolves, Dark Angels etc and see what takes your fancy. A lot depends on how you like to play. Close combat or shoot at range ? The newer codices have some very powerful units if you like hand to hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking of painting my army up as BT but using the SM codex because the BT one is so out dated

would i get shunned for that?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

Absolutely not. Lots of people do it. You could paint them any scheme you like, and tell your opponent they are a "counts as" chapter. Same goes for special characters. You can use any of them from any chapter together, just rename them then use the character stat line and rules. You cant mix UNITS from different chapter codices, for example space Wolves grey hunters and blood angels death company, in the same army, but so long as WYSIWYG applies, you are good to go. Make sure you explain to your opponent exactly what you are using.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks because BT seam a bit left behind when it comes to space marines but i really love the paint scheme

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

They are to a degree - it's quite possible to win with them, but they've only got a few good lists compared to most codexes.

+ Reply to Thread