Horde Armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Horde Armies

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Horde Armies

It just came to my attention a few days ago that Tyranids got reworked again. Noticeably necrons haven't yet. I was looking through GWs site and I came upon a new heavy that the tyranids got, looks like a massive ravener and next to a land raider looks a wee bit bigger. I haven't played for a while, but I know there was at least one tyranid player where I play, so I'm curious has anyone had issues with the new bugs? And there marine armies?

Seven MC attacks from one model.. not many tanks can stand up to that, and I'm not sure if I want to take troops up against something like that. So like I said, has anyone found issues against tyranids, since they got reworked?

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Codex creep triggered a lot of panic before the new Codex: Tyranids was released, and of course also some time thereafter. Nowadays I think that very few people still fear them. They have become a strong army, but as opposed to the other new codices (e.g. Space Wolves, or especially Blood Angels) they are not that mighty even though they have some scary stuff.

Tyranids have always suffered from speed and range issues: close combat armies can't win if they struggle to reach the enemy while being blasted to pieces. This is why they got lots of ranged weaponry and lots of options for deployment (infiltrators, outflanking, jump infantry, lots of ways to deep-strike, following an monstrous creature through the tunnel it dug, etc). Their weakness of being unable to destroy vehicles at range has also been taken care of.
    But fact is: they still have trouble killing all your vehicles, they are still slow, and they still struggle to reach you while being blasted to pieces. Same old story, really! This is due to new weaknesses: no more Sv2+ spam, their psychic powers can now be blocked, Tyranids outside synapse range can be made to fall back normally, thus not automatically fleeing towards synapse but instead walking off the table, etc... One of the biggest weaknesses is that their most important and points-effective anti-mech units are all elites, limiting them very heavily in higher points games.

They are now mostly a little bit more horde than before (where nidzilla was very prevalent), though you still have lots of monstrous creatures. Don't worry about them. One of the meanest things, in my opinion, still is the tervigon, a hard-to-kill (though not really dangerous by itself) MC that can spawn 3D6 termagaunts per turn that can act normally on the turn they are created (so they can move, shoot, and assault) and count as a troops choice, meaning they can score and hold objectives, etc. And a tyranid army can spam up to five of these guys even at low points limits.

Anyway, I won't go into detail. Just remember this: stay mobile (to evade them) and stay shooty (to blast them apart). Typhoons are your friends: they kill monstrous creatures like nothing...
    The reason for not going into detail is this: it's all been done. Please always refer to the topic of the week index stickied at the top of the forum! There's a topic on how to deal with Tyranids, and one on how to deal with monstrous creatures. Skim through those, I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful advice.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Thank you very much.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

+ Reply to Thread