Can GK terminators perform a sweeping advance? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can GK terminators perform a sweeping advance?

In the rules it says nothing about GK terminators not being able to sweeping advance. However it does mention how they cannot advance (refering to 4th R which is no longer relevant however you could interpret it that you cannot sweeping advance.

Would you allow other players sweeping advance as generic terminators cannot and if so to what degree would you allow this. Tournament? or friendly?

Nothing more funny than 3 inquisitors with sanctify when facing deamons. They cant do anything while you stand in front of them having a tee break.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

Nobody has ever said it cannot be done in games I've played. This has proven quite useful too. Now that may be due to ignorance on their behalf, but considering opponents have included black shirts with a lot of years behind them, I would guess it is OK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

I'm fairly certain it's mentioned in the BRB, but I'm not sure.

Edit:

But again, Dunno. I'd have to check.
    Last edited by cKerensky; July 26th, 2010 at 15:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

98% positive that you can NOT sweeping advance. They are in Terminator armor and the Rule Book states terminators can not make a sweeping advance unless the codex says specifically.

That's how I've been playing at least.
    Last edited by ntgCleaner; July 29th, 2010 at 20:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm terminator armour isn't in the rulebook as far as i know though. Exept maybe in giving example such as 'Models such as terminators for example cannot perform a sweeping advance' but also thinking about it they should as GW could have given DH's 3+ invun as to not unballance the codex and this might unballance it. Just food for thought.
    Nothing more funny than 3 inquisitors with sanctify when facing deamons. They cant do anything while you stand in front of them having a tee break.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Nothing against it in the BRB, its the space marine codex which states no sweeping advances in terminator armour, so I'd say go ahead (although if your playing someone knew I would bring evidence to proof your point).

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Leave it up to GW to another case of bad editing.

DH codex, p. 19 - "models in terminator armor that win a close combat may only consolidate; they will not be able to advance."

RAW-wise (Rules-as-written), DH terminators may sweeping advance. RAI-wise (Rules-as-intepreted), they may not. I believe the majority of the people play it here as RAI (just like they do with DH teleport homers, which by RAW actually does nothing), so if you play by RAW on this one, prepare to defend yourself. I, myself, don't let my GKT's sweep advance another unit.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, our codex is so old that really the only way to play it is by RAI. If you want to be "that guy" and take advantage of loopholes, be prepared to receive arguments in kind. Like most of the Daemon codex not actually being demons, according to our codex.

Don't even think of trying this in a tourney - you'll get smacked down and probavly thrown out.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    Leave it up to GW to another case of bad editing.

DH codex, p. 19 - "models in terminator armor that win a close combat may only consolidate; they will not be able to advance."

RAW-wise (Rules-as-written), DH terminators may sweeping advance. RAI-wise (Rules-as-intepreted), they may not. I believe the majority of the people play it here as RAI (just like they do with DH teleport homers, which by RAW actually does nothing), so if you play by RAW on this one, prepare to defend yourself. I, myself, don't let my GKT's sweep advance another unit.
    I disagree - RAW says they may only consolidate. There's nothing ambiguous about that at all!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread