Landspeeder storm noob question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Landspeeder storm noob question

Hi Guys,

Total noob question here but I want to make sure I get it right for my 12 year old brother who just ordered a landspeeder storm tonight. The picture shows scouts all over the storm, now I'm not sure how many actually come supplied with the storm but I'm assuming you still just use another scout crew as the models glued on can not really disembark then. So if you guys could just clear up how to model it to ensure you use a seperate squad that would be great.

Again I apoloigize for such a stupid question however I know once it arrives my brother will want me to help him build it asap and I don't want to waste $40 of his as at 12 that is quite a bit of money to spend on a model.

Thanks for your patience and responses in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

It comes with 4 passengers, a driver, and a side gunner. You should probably build in the driver and gunner, but there's nothing saying you have to model it with it's passengers inside. With some bits and ingenuity you can actually use said passengers as additional scout marines, giving you an extra 3 guys with bolters, and 1 guy with a pistol and chainsword.

The models are just models. You can use the passenger models as a separate squad, or you can glue them on to make the storm look like it's got a full load of guys. I chose to use them for extra squad members, but it's totally up to you.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Agreed. I'm just assembling mine, and was hoping to use the passenger scouts to convert up some more footsloggers, but they dont fit together the same way, meaning i'll have to chop them about to get anywhere. I particularly liked the scout reloading his boltgun.
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

As stated, the model comes with 6 Crewmembers: Driver, Gunner and 4 Passengers. You can spot them all in this picture:

The crewmembers are supplied to simulate the fact that in the rules, up to 5 Scouts can embark and be transported around with the Storm. You don't have to attach them, as you do not specifically need to represent that it's 'carrying' Scouts or not. They are just for decoration, essentially. But as mentioned above, some crafty hobbyists choose to model these crewmembers on regular bases to flesh out their foot squads.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

@Praxis - See if you can gets some crates, or similar objects. The guys in sitting poses can be modelled to be sitting ammunition crates and the like, it's what I did with mine. I can supply you with pics if you like.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Just as a little warning if you do go the route of using the Scout as additional squad members instead of crew you might have to foind spare legs somewhere. The problem here is that many kits will often come with extra arms heads and sometimes even bodies and so how many legs come in a kit will often define how many minitures you can make. Since the legs are such an important part of a kit they usually will have the highest cost of all bits you may buy in a kit. You can still get them fairly cheap on ebay but odds are not as cheap as extra bodies would be.

As another little aside 4 Scouts is not a full squad, and as your brother is using the Land Speeder Storm (transport capacity 5) he will likely be needing a 2nd Scout squad to use the extra models in the Storm kit.

EDIT- ninja'd by watchwood with another good idea.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

+ Reply to Thread