Joining the Ordo - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Joining the Ordo

Hey all. I've played Tau for a few years now, and picked up Dark Eldar about a year and a half ago. I decided it was time for my third army, and after much deliberation (got my hands on a codex and read the fluff!!! <3) have chosen to go with the Sisters. I've already ordered my first set of troops and a Saint Celestine model (even if I don't use her, the fluff is too good not to have one to paint). I've read most of the tactica, and think I know how to go about building my lists to build an army around. I was just wondering if anyone had any special tricks that they use. Also, just wanted to say "hi.".

My platform is RL, you'd be surprised at the quality of the graphics!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Stevish4U,
    Congratulations on choosing the Witch Hunters and the Sisters of Battle! Celestine is an awesome character, and very enjoyable to paint! I hope you aren't having much trouble getting your Sister miniatures, I had to wait 2 weeks for GW USA to restock the troopers. But they are well worth the wait, as you know Good luck with your army build, I'd make suggestions but I don't win very often, ha ha

Be well, be blessed!
    Frankie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar and Sisters. You're a glutton for abandonment, but welcome to the Inquisition.

I'm fairly inexperienced and all that, but I would suggest you find all the larger boxes of Sisters you can find (they currently only sell blisters direct $$$.) You're going to use them as Sisters squad, Celestians, Dominions and Retributors, along with special weapons models. I have 36 bolter Sisters + 4 Superiors + Imagifers + a bunch of flamers, storm bolters and heavy weapons Sisters, but it's still hard to make a WYSIWYG list. Grab some bulk while you can, unless you care to wait for speculated plastic minis.

If you buy Immolators, keep the turret detached so you can sub them for Rhinos. Immos give you a mobile heavy weapons platform, but are little more than Rhinos with reduced carrying capacity.

And never use Saint Celestine, although I too bought her for the fluff.
    5th Sisters of Battle: 10-5-12 (W-L-T)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevish4U View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone had any special tricks that they use. Also, just wanted to say "hi.".
    Hi.

I think the best advice I can give is don't go overboard on equipment. If you steer clear of things like grenades, power weapons on vets, litanies, inferno pistols, banners, and so on you'll probably have enough points for a while extra squad.
    Do take the vet and the two special weapons per squad though.

Unit wise if you want small 5-girl mech squads take vet-less celestians unless you want more than 2 special weapons in the unit (they are cheaper and stronger than the dominions)

As a general rule it takes two squads of battle sisters (using divine guidance as required) to eliminate a full strength MEQ squad at point blank range. Try to remove whole squads where possible and use any vehicles you have to provide cover.
    - note - immolators (and WH rhinos) are taller than normal rhinos which make them slightly better at blocking LoS.

Keep an eye on your faith while writing your list. Jump packing HQs and seraphim use it up very quickly (lots of inv saves) while mech sisters can practically throw faith away at times. Obviously anything with a large non-sisters component (inducted IG, assassins, inquisitors, stormtroopers, etc) will eat into this pool.

Finally it's worth trying all the 'odd' stuff once or twice, including penitents, repentia, all the assassins, etc. Just proxy them. The callidus is definitely worth a good hard look if you can find somewhere to put the requisite inquisitor (and keep an eye on the small print regarding units required to take x and non-faithful units mixed with sisters).

Good luck finding models. If nothing else the flamer/storm bolter sisters tend to go cheaper than the melta/heavy flamer models and can be converted (in the case of the stormbolter by cutting/filing the whole thing off).

There are no unique celestian/dominion/retributor models so it's straight battle sisters all the way. On ebay the bolters sell for around £2 a model (including postage) and often don't have backpacks (which are sold separately at a ridiculous mark-up). They are all metal though so easy to clean off with paint stripper.

+ Reply to Thread