Any online retailers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any online retailers?

I've been looking into SoB as an ongoing project but struggle to find anywhere that sells them other than GW yet they are not getting re-done anytime soon from what I can gather.

I was thinking of a list along these lines:

Canoness - plasma pistol, some wargear etc
    Inquisitor
    Few Priests

Vindicare Assassin
    6 celestians with meltaguns, imagifier w/immolator
    2 Death Cult Assassins

10 stormtroopers w/ 2 grenade launchers
    10 Sisters w/2 storm bolters
    10 Sisters w/2 flamers (or meltaguns?)

But I am lacking in the HS/FA department and only have 1 tank. I'm a bit skeptical of the exorcist due to the large amount of metal parts, in my experience GW metal vehicles are rarely flush and well moulded.

Ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Wouldn't you know that I have a bunch of that stuff for sale. If you are interested, you can check it out in the swap shop here, or on Dakka, or on Bartertown.

I have a cannoness, Inq with Rentiue, and some sisters. Looks to get them out of my house.

LETS MAKE A DEAL!!!

Aggies for 40k - PM me for details.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

While I can't really speak for the company and am just going by what their website says, I've ordered from this Australian mail-order group before and they seem pretty decent. I had a tracking number for the order, regular e-mails updating me on the order status... everything came through fairly swiftly, I though.

It is a fair way for them to ship, though, and Fizzics can possibly offer you a better deal!

Anyway, here's a > LINK < to their witch hunter section, if you're interested.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Soteks Prophet View Post
    I'm a bit skeptical of the exorcist due to the large amount of metal parts, in my experience GW metal vehicles are rarely flush and well moulded.
    The exorcist kit is about the worst fitting model i've ever had the misfortune to encounter.
    Still they are distinct so i'll stick with them. Greenstuff to the rescue - the worst fit is always the launcher assembly to the hull of the vehicle itself.
    (you'll want a drill and some paperclips to hold the launcher tubes on too)

I'm not aware of any UK sites selling WH stuff - even the bitz sites dried up a while back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a bit odd - I'm wondering now is it best to think about waiting to see what emerges from the woodwork....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    The exorcist kit is about the worst fitting model i've ever had the misfortune to encounter.
    Still they are distinct so i'll stick with them. Greenstuff to the rescue - the worst fit is always the launcher assembly to the hull of the vehicle itself.
    (you'll want a drill and some paperclips to hold the launcher tubes on too)

I'm not aware of any UK sites selling WH stuff - even the bitz sites dried up a while back.
    Old Fire Prisms are hell... it's like 400lbs of metal attached to a small rotating plastic turret... I was ready to murder someone when I was finished x.x

Gyro Copters from Fantasy Dwarfs is worse though... I didn't even get it finished before I passed them off to my friend. It was the most aweful thing I've ever tried put together.

As for WH, things just keep disappearing. Boxes of Arco Flagellants just went and now you can only get blisters.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

I was trying to order some Sisters from a well stocked online store. They told me that they could not get SB because GW was redoing the models, and they should be available this Fall!
    Soooo could that mean the rumors about SoB being included in the new 'Inquisition' codex might be a little more valid?
    I was ready to spend close to $300.00 today fleshing out my Sisters army (I currently play Eldar), but methinks I will wait a couple of months and see what GW does.

On a side note. recently many of the Eldar special characters went missing from GW's site, only to reappear after a month. GW did say that current moulds would have to be pulled to make room for the new Dark Eldar being produced. Personally I hope that our models being unavailable is a precursor to new sculpts (though I really love the current ones) and/or new codex.

-John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How reliable is your source JMichael... could you get any further info from your retailer for us who are DYING to do SoB?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

How reliable? dunno? Even gw store employees are often kept in the dark and give unreliable info. I do know that trying to find SoB models anywhere but GW's website is near impossible. My local store can't order any WH kits at all (they just aren't available).
    As far as the, 'they're making new sculpts' comment...I hope it's true, and it goes along with online rumors of a combined Deamonhunter/Witch Hunter/Inquisition codex. But I won't hold my breath.
    They could just be pulling the SoB moulds temporarily to make room for the new Dark Eldar.

And indeed I decided to buy my Witch Hunters today anyway. Bought 2 Immolators from GW, 2 Whirlwinds (for exorcists), and several metal sisters.
    I figure if they do come out with new models this year, then I'll just buy them too!

I am holding off on spending much more until later in the year...just in case.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

~shrug~

They can only have so many different models in active production at a time...so if they're preparing to release something new, they have to take something out of rotation, at least temporarily. I'd guess that they usually have adequate stocks of whatever's termorarily pulled from production, but I think that they plan these things with a thin margin for error, occasionally leading to what we're seeing...some stuff isn't available to the distributors...starting the rumor mill...and then the stuff they run out of gets pushed to the front of the line to get back into production, which potentially has a cascading effect on other stuff that's waiting to come back online. At least that's my theory.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

+ Reply to Thread