Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Just picked up the codex and we're planning our first purchases. We came up with a few questions, some about the codex and some about the miniatures. Thanks for your help.
1) When you put a Sanguinary priest with a jump pack in a unit of Assault marines, does the whole unit lose Descent of Angels?
2) Is there a set of blood talons in the Furioso dreadnought box?
3) Does the tactical marines box come with chainswords/bolt pistols or do we need to buy the assault marines box to make non-jump pack assault marines?
1) No, the jump pack gives you Descent of Angels, check the wargear section.
2) Nope, you have to convert them your self.
3) There is only one Chainsword in a Tactical Marines box, you will have to buy assault marines, or buy for example Khorne Berserkers, change heads and back packs, and you have your assault marines without jump packs.
"One must do violence to the object of one's desire; when it surrenders, the pleasure is greater."
Marquis De Sade
Yeah the others have said all that is needed.
Though just regarding the Furioso, the model itself has different "fingers" to the standard dread so doesn't need to be changed unless you want to.
If you wanted to paint them a different colour to represent that they are blood talons, this will also work to emphasize that they are different.
One more thing, not knowing your level of experience but why are you wanting chainswords and bolt pistols for the tacticals?
Were you thinking of using them as assault marines without jump packs and instead in a transport?
1) All units with an assault pack get the Descent of angels special rule. This includes units like Librarians, Chaplains, captains and priests that can be upgraded with an assault pack.
2) You can get Dreadnaught close combat weapons from forge world that make exelent Blood Talyons.
3) No, the tactical marine box only has one chain sword. I recomend you get the Death Company box. It comes with assault packs and standard back packs and a wide selection of weapons and equipment. The box has more gear in it than you can use on the five marines that come inside, it's ment to serve as a Blood Angel upgrade pack. It also has Blood Angel specific weapons like the Infernus pistol and hand flamers that you can't get anywhere else.
Thanks for all the replies.
We should have caught that jump pack rule. I think we just assumed what it did and didnt bother looking it up in the wargear.
Really looking forward to attaching priests to assault troops now. They sound really nice.
The reason we were looking for assault marine weapons, is as you mentioned, to put the assault marines in a drop pod instead of having them use jump packs. We will probably end up just using them as jump troops then, if there isnt an option in the normal tactical marines box.
Its good to hear abouth the death company box. We'll definately pick up a few after our initial purchase.
If anyone is curious, we decided to go with 4 boxes of Assault troops and the Sanguinary as our initial buy. Along with the Blood Angels shoulder pads. If I can scrape enough money together I'll pick up two priests right away.
Thanks again for the help!