Dreadnought equipment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreadnought equipment

Hello there, when i first made an army for space wolves i didn't want a dreadnought in my list. but since i've got 120 points left to spend, i just want to try one. i can take some points here and there to give him a drop pod if needed, but the overall question is:

which weapons do i give my dreadnought. i already have enough melta weapons, so don't need the tank killer by drop pod combo, but what other combo's can be very hard??

please tell me which you would use in a mechanized assault army

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x2)

i'd go with plasma cannon. mounted on a dreadnought, you can reliably fire it turn after turn without any overheat. furthermore, being able to move and shoot a plasma cannon is another bonus. like you said, your army has melta covered, and a plasma cannon dread complements pretty much any sw army at least fairly well. due to the plasma cannon's range (compared to multimelta or assault cannon), you can save the points for the drop pod since you won't really need it. the dccw gives it an extra threat for enemies thinking of getting too close to you. though if you really wanted to specialize at shooting, you could also get a missile launcher for the left arm.

personally, I use a plasma cannon bjorn (he has bs6, which works wonders when rolling scatter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hadn't considered that, i think it will be really helpfull, because it indeed compliments the rest of the army. which goes forward or drop in their lines.

thanks

+ Reply to Thread