Vox-casters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vox-casters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vox-casters

How many IG players use vox-casters? I did some searching through the army list forum and the ones I looked through chose not to field them. Are they not worth even their low cost?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Not really lol, it's not that orders suck it's just that you only fail the LD test a little over 1 in every 4 times. The points spent on the vox network can go a long way elsewhere.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Korona View Post
    Not really lol, it's not that orders suck it's just that you only fail the LD test a little over 1 in every 4 times. The points spent on the vox network can go a long way elsewhere.
    What he said
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

If you've got a dedicated infantry firebase with combined platoons a single vox for every 2 or 3 squads depending on if you combine them to 20 or 30 goes a long way. Twin-linking those autocannon and grenade launcher shots against transports or MCs that have just used deep-strike can really make the difference. Issuing "first rank fire, second rank fire!" against of a unit of seekers of slaanesh or something is also really worth the extra points.

If you roll a double 6 on your first attempt you will lose out on any order you'll be able to give that turn, losing one of the major benefits imperial guard infantry have over others - the ability to adapt your infantry units to the task at hand (whether it is popping a transport, or shooting a final salvo into that whiddled-down unit of orks).

I've had many an opponent ask me how much the vox-casters cost, and say how cheaply priced they are for what they do.

Ofcourse, in an all-mechanized list they suck, but if you've got a dedicated firebase of at least 40 infantrymen in combined units, they're most certainly worth their points especially if you also have a dedicated company command squad for orders.

I spend a total of 15 points for the vox-casters of my whole firebase which is hardly a big points sink...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

If I took a platoon heavy list I'd invest in one vox for a 20 to 30 man squad, but I will never take them in single squads.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

If I took a platoon heavy list I'd invest in one vox for a 20 to 30 man squad, but I will never take them in single squads.
    Oddly, single squads are where they're most valuable; most players just put Commissars in blob squads and call it good. Up until recently, I ran an old school-style list with Creed and a large number of standard infantry squads with lascannons and voxes. That's more or less the only type of list in which voxes are useful. (The list was very fun to play; Creed's orders let the most critical units perform at a high level and gave a lot of flexibility and character. Unfortunately, with the latest Codex Creeps from Tyranids and Blood Angels I had to retire the list. Too many enemies were hitting my lines too fast, and while I could afford to lose any one squad my opponents were good at charging 2 or 3 units at a time. I do blob platoons now.)
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread