Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
How come the emperor is stuck on the golden throne and not doing stuff?
Imperial cult 0
Greater good 1
If space marines are so good then how come they fight eachother half the time worshipping different gods?
Imperial cult 0
Greater good 2
If space marines are so great then why are they not following the greater good?
Imperial cult 0
Greater good 3
“When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.”
Death to all Xenos, Mutants and Heretics.
Imperial cult: 3
Greater good: Oh Snap!
Generally speaking hating everone equally makes target aquisition that much easier.
1) The Emperor is powering the Astronomicon, allowing space travel to the million jeweled worlds that are the Imperium. He is also protecting us from the horror of daemonic possession and incursion. You Tau are subverting mankind. Because you are nearly psychic blanks, you don't understand that the humans you are inciting to rebellion can at any time become portals that will turn your paradise worlds to raging chaos infernos. But that is okay, you are a young race. You will learn, or you will die.
Heresy Points: Tau 1/ Imperial Cult 0
2) Chaos Marines are not part of the Imperial Cult. I know we all look the same to you Tau, but you are a young race, and in time you will know the difference, or you will die. Actually, Space Marines don't follow the Imperial Cult either, their faith is much older, and is more of a warrior philosophy than a religion, and predates our modern faith (which is new and improved and better, yay)!
Heresy Points Tau 2/ Imperial Cult 0
3) Space Marines aren't following the 'Greater Good' it's true. But like I mentioned, they aren't following the Imperial Cult either, I'm sad to say. One day they will realize that change is in the winds and the Emperor has become the God Emperor, and will one day be wholly and truly and purely God. I wonder if any will defect to your horrible space happiness? If so, they will die. Ugh!
Heresy Points Tau 3/Space Marines 1/ Imperial Cult 0
(Ha ha, fun topic Lyuben, I enjoyed it a lot.)
--- Be well, be blessed!
P.S. If I misrepresented the Imperium through ignorance or error, then you are a Tau. You will die.
1) As Francois said, the Emperor does plenty even while being mostly dead. He allows all Imperial space travel to happen. Something even the technologically advanced Tau have not been able to replicate. Plus, Space Marines and the Emperor are not at all on equal footing. Comparing a Space Marine to the Emperor is like comparing a flashlight to the sun.
2) Space Marines and Chose space Marines are two different things. While they are similar in many aspects, their differences are enough that they should not be used as comparisons to each other. If you're saying that if Space Marines were so good they wouldn't be divided, then you sort of have a point. But let's not forget about those Farsight Enclaves that exist independent of the Tau Empire, or the tribes of orks who fight among themselves, or the factions of chaos etc. Several 40k races are not exactly united.
3) Space Marines do follow the greater good. Their motives and definition of what the greater good is differs from the Tau. I'm sure that any of the races (including humans) that the Tau beat up on in order to persuade them into joining the cause would say that the Tau were not fighting for their greater good.
I get the feeling that really, any sort of reasonable argument against this post will be pointless, but eh... I'm bored.
Formerly known as SimulatedSnowman
Because fully half of them were corrupted by the influence of four great warp entities so vast and incomprehensibly powerful that to hear one speak is to know the terrifying truth of oblivion and spiral into madness. Good thing the Tau can't hear them, or they'd be screwed.If space marines are so good then how come they fight eachother half the time worshiping different gods?Because it sucks and the Tau suck and you suck and everything you like sucks. Age and self-interest will always win over youth and compassion!If space marines are so great then why are they not following the greater good?
(disclaimer: not serious)
Last edited by ze_poodle; September 3rd, 2010 at 08:22.
The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.
Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!
Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."
And you filthy Xenos certainly exhibited your "greater good" at Kronus, didn't you? It's the greater good for your heretical leadership, your "Ethereals"; for all else (including the filthy human traitors within your ranks) it just means more work, more suffering, shorter lives, and the Light of the Emperor is without you, for you are sterile and incapable of understanding, of comprehending a shadow of His goodness. You gladly laud that this also protects you from Chaos, but diligence and faith in the Emperor will protect you: He is my shield, and I know no fear. To this day, dead ten millenia, the Emperor guides us through the Warp, bringing us through the tempest back into the materium, safely. The Emperor brings light to the galaxy, one that he forged in fire and blood. He died confronting a force that is so massive that, even in defeat, it still threatens today.
Besides, the Emperor built the Imperium himself. You have this tiny, unremarkable corner of the galaxy. If not for the Tyrannids, you'd be dead. And the blue-fishcow-space-communists would no longer threaten the greater good of uncountable humans who live in the galaxy! For they are tantamount! More humans died in the Siege of Terra, more died at Armageddon, more die EVERY SECOND across the galaxy than your entire filthy Xenos race!
So tell me, Tau, what do you have to offer the Emperor's Finest?
P.S. Eldar laugh at Tau 'cause they're short. So there.
Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.
FOR THE GREAT SANGUINIUS AND THE EMPEROR....red and black all the way.
Theme song for the Death Company. "Gory Gory" By the men of Easy company, 101st Airborne, 506.
He is the God Emperor. He built the Imperium with his own two hands, pulling humanity from the brink and uniting us. He gave his life fighting a monster beyond anything your dinky little empire could stand against and even in death he still protects us. He spends every second batteling the deamonic forces of the warp to keep us safe and guids the light of the astronomicon.How come the emperor is stuck on the golden throne and not doing stuff?Since you have the psychic presence of a house plant I guess you just couldn't understand. Instead, in your ignorance you tempt human worlds away from the Emperors light and risk deamonic incursion from un-regulated psykers. When a deamon is chewing on your arm, just tell yourself, "it's for the greater good."If space marines are so good then how come they fight eachother half the time worshipping different gods?They are following the greater good. And someday they will serve the greater good by wiping out your feeble species and making the galaxy a nicer place to live. Oh...... You ment why arn't they following "your" greater good"? The greater good of the Tau involves pretty words followed by genocide through steralization. Why the hell would we follow that? The greater good for the Human race is to stamp out xeno scum like you and the Astartes carry out this greater good with great passion and effectivness.If space marines are so great then why are they not following the greater good?
The only reason your species is still around is the Tyranids. If they hadn't forced us to divert our forces, we'd have swated you like a little bug. Sooner or later, either the Imperium or some other force in the galaxy (y'know, the ones that actuley pose a threat, nids, orks, necrons, chaos ect...) will stamp you out with minimal effort.The Tau hope the Eldar will one day join them in the quest for their greater good. The Eldar just wish the damn kids would stop playing in their garden!rafis117
Eldar laugh at Tau 'cause they're short. So there