I'm looking for some wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

I'm looking for some wolves

I've decided to build some Thunderwolf cavalry and was hoping that someone can direct me to suitable wolf models that I can mount Spacemarines on.

If anyone knows where I can find some cool wolves, can you post a link or something?

Thanks.

Last edited by Rork; September 6th, 2010 at 20:39.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Mr.Dandy sculpture design, toys model kits and art figures - WarGamma

These Wolves were designed by a seperate company to make thunder wolf mounts and although they aren't legal at official GW tournaments they are beautiful models and already come with the legs you need for them.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Mr. Biscuits.

Thanks dude.

although they aren't legal at official GW tournaments they are beautiful models
    I don't get that! How can GW give you crap about the models if they don't even produce any of their own? If GW creates a unit but doesn't create a model to go with it, what do they expect people to do?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

I just checked out the Mr, Dandy war wolves and they're awesome but $90 might be a bit much for 5 models. If anyone else has some ideas that would be great.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Or you can convert the new bloodcrushers into TWC's. That's what I'm thinking of doing.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    Or you can convert the new bloodcrushers into TWC's. That's what I'm thinking of doing.
    I thought of that but I don't think I'm good enough at conversions to make them look good. I don't want to buy a box of Bloodcrushers just to ruin them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
    I just checked out the Mr, Dandy war wolves and they're awesome but $90 might be a bit much for 5 models. If anyone else has some ideas that would be great.
    I am just starting up a very Chariot heavy High Elf army and my friend was trying to buy my War Lions from me to use as the mounts. It isn't exactly wolves and you'd have to find your own bases but it is much cheaper if you know someone collecting High Elves.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some guy on miniwargaming.com made some cool looking wolves from vampire counts dire wolves. He cut off their heads and put some other goblin wolf heads. He covered the dire wolves body with a thin layer of green stuff and used a toothpick to make it look like fur. Go to the website and search Space Wolves Part 3 if you want to check it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been looking into using Goblin Wolves from the Warhammer fantasy line. They are already made to mount, so a combination of some biker legs, you could easily make some halfway decent TWC, although they may end up being a little small if put next to the GW made TW that comes with the IC.
    An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by MadMaverick76 View Post
    I have been looking into using Goblin Wolves from the Warhammer fantasy line. They are already made to mount, so a combination of some biker legs, you could easily make some halfway decent TWC, although they may end up being a little small if put next to the GW made TW that comes with the IC.
    Do you know if GW are going to release some any time soon? If they are it might be best to just wait a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast