Need help for friend. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Need help for friend.

Hello all, My friend has been playing blood angels for some time now and just can't get the hang of it. I am looking for advice to give him.

First off here is his model list:

Garbiel Seth
    Assault Marines with jump packs
    Assault Marines with regular packs
    Death Company with jump Packs
    Death Company with regular Packs
    Baal Pred w/ All flamers
    Tactical Squad

He is looking to buy another Baal Pred and Rhino.

He is considering getting Vindys or reg preds with auto cannon turret/lascannon sponsons. He wants to leave 1 spot open for a storm raven if they ever release one.

He said he was thinking along the lines of:

Gabriel Seth
    Assault Marines w/P Fist and COmbat shield in Rhino, melta pistols
    Assault Marines w/ P fist and combat shield, jump packs, corresponding hand flamers
    Large squad of Death company without jump packs, melta pistols or hand flamers
    Baal w/ FLame storm cannon and heavy flamers
    Baal w/ Twin linked assault cannon and H Bolter sponsons
    Predator w/ auto cannon and lascannon sponsons
    Vindy

Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Assault Marines w/P Fist and COmbat shield in Rhino, melta pistols
    Assault Marines w/ P fist and combat shield, jump packs, corresponding hand flamers
    The unit in the rhino can't assault on the turn it exits, defanatley give the shield to the unit with jump packs, they'll get more combat. Maybe think of putting a tactical squad in the rihno instead, they have better shooting and that unit will see more shooting than combat.

Large squad of Death company without jump packs, melta pistols or hand flamers
    They'll be useless, rage will have them running all over the board. Any half decent aponant will just put something fast infront of them and have them running in circles. Without jump packs they'll go running after the first thing they see, be lead to the far end of the board an be out for the rest of the game. If you insist on Death Company, a dedicated transport or jump packs are a must. Inside the transport they won't be effected by rage but once their out thay can't get back in. Jump packs make them fast enough to catch what they chace but they have no controll over what they're chasing.

If you want a vindy I recomend you get atleast two, one weapon destroyed result and the thing's a paper weight, best to have another.

You're wasting the BA codex if you don't get a Furioso, coolest dreads EVER. I can't recomend one highley enough.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Keep the two assault squads, keep a tactical squad and give them a rhino. Pare back the death company to save some points. I put my DC in a rhino. They do great. I also give them an infernus pistol and a power fist in case they get forced to chase cars. At least they have the ability to kill the car.

I think the one Baal pred is fine. I suggest 2 vindicators as well. Definitely go for a furioso dread. Armor 13 on a dread with 2 CC weapons is awesome!!!
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Heres an edited lsit with some small changes

Gabriel Seth
    Assault Marines w/P Fist and in Rhino, melta pistols )combat-shields are a bit rubbish).
    Assault Marines w/ P fist and, in rhino, corresponding hand flamers (either have both squads in rhinos or both with jump packs (whichever he chooses do the same with the death-company). You can always buy jump-packs/backpacks off bitz box or the gw website if you don't have the bits.
    Dreadnought of some kind (drop pod if you have the points)
    Small squad of Death company, a couple of pistols, jump packs or rhino
    Baal w/ FLame storm cannon and heavy flamers (my friend swears by this, I prefer the shooty one, whichever he chooses it may be best to give them both the same wargear so they can support each other
    Baal w/ Twin linked assault cannon and H Bolter sponsons
    Vindy
    Vindy (vindies work better in pairs

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Sancraer; September 7th, 2010 at 23:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ericismyname View Post
    Gabriel Seth Not my first choice but okay
    Assault Marines w/P Fist and COmbat shield in Rhino, melta pistols Combat shield is a waste of points and better off taking meltaguns and not pistols greater range b/c your rhino will get popped early on anyway
    Assault Marines w/ P fist and combat shield, jump packs, corresponding hand flamers Combat shield is a waste of points
    Large squad of Death company without jump packs, melta pistols or hand flamers They either need jump packs or they need a rhino to carry them, power weapons and a pfist are a better combo IMO than infurnus and hand flamers this list seems to anti-horde for my taste
    Baal w/ FLame storm cannon and heavy flamers Suicide unit but useful if utilized correctly
    Baal w/ Twin linked assault cannon and H Bolter sponsons good
    Predator w/ auto cannon and lascannon sponsonsgood
    Vindygood
    HEre are a few observations I have about this army list. Maybe I missed it but this one looks really anti-horde and not very all comers but once again maybe that was the point of this list and I missed that.
    In the last 5,000 years humans have not evolved. The things that have changed is our diet its time to revert to our primal nature go paleo http://robbwolf.com

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

I'm sorry for a long response. I got ahold of his models to see what he actually had, here is the real list (last time he told me but he wasn't sure)

Baal Predator with Purifier, heavy flamer sponsons, storm boltera

10x Tactical Marines w/ Sergeant w/ Bolt pistol/chainsword, missile Launcher, and flamer
    2x marines 1w/ melta gun, 1 w/ plasma gun (can have jump packs or reg packs)
    6x assault marines w/ normal packs , all bolt pistol/chain sword
    10 assault marines w/ jump packs, sergeant with power fist/combat shield/bolt pistol, 2x w/ plasma pistol
    6x death company w/ 1 thunder hammer, 1 hand flamer, rest bolt pistol/chain sword, jump packs
    6x death company w/ reg packs, all bolt pistol/ccw

gabriel seth
    tycho
    corbulo
    lemartes w/ jump pack
    chaplain w/ jump pack
    captain w/ power fist, storm shield, bolt pistol (he is thinking about converting this to a foot assault marine sergeant)

sanguinary priest w/ plasma pistol and jump pack

I misunderstood about the other tanks, he said he WANTED them not had them. He wants to buy a rhino, another baal pred with the shooty load out, and a reg pred with auto cannon/lascannons. He wants to get a storm raven but wait for a model to be released. He also wants a dreadnaught and cant decide between furioso /death company, and also wants to know if he should put them in a drop pod or run them up the field.

He wants to run a hybrid list, but with anyone not a tank or using a tank, to have a jump pack.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by ericismyname View Post
    I'm sorry for a long response. I got ahold of his models to see what he actually had, here is the real list (last time he told me but he wasn't sure)

Baal Predator with Purifier, heavy flamer sponsons, storm boltera

10x Tactical Marines w/ Sergeant w/ Bolt pistol/chainsword, missile Launcher, and flamer
    Needs a power weapon, would recommend Power Fist/bolter.
    Also change the flamer for a melta and add rhino. Can then combat squad and send up melta and/or p/fist to take out vehicles or hold objectives.

2x marines 1w/ melta gun, 1 w/ plasma gun (can have jump packs or reg packs)
    6x assault marines w/ normal packs , all bolt pistol/chain sword
    Give jump packs and up to 10 man squad, add pfist or pweapon
    10 assault marines w/ jump packs, sergeant with power fist/combat shield/bolt pistol, 2x w/ plasma pistol
    plasma pistols seem to expensive for me but if you are using them make sure you aim for infantry if that makes sense.
    I prefer to have 10man Assaults with Flamer and/or Melta with p/weapon and/or p/fist, so they can take on anything

6x death company w/ 1 thunder hammer, 1 hand flamer, rest bolt pistol/chain sword, jump packs
    6x death company w/ reg packs, all bolt pistol/ccw
    Only need 1 squad, loose the jump packs and have at most 10 models. I like to mix up the boltgun / boltpistol ratio.
    Also I would add another power weapon. I don't see the general point of hand flamers, if you are close enough to flame you'll be close enough to charge.
    Give these guys a transport either a LR or a Rhino.. or a Stormraven.

gabriel seth
    tycho
    corbulo
    lemartes w/ jump pack
    chaplain w/ jump pack
    Lose the jump pack and join the DC in their transport, if using rhino then drop the DC down one model.
    captain w/ power fist, storm shield, bolt pistol (he is thinking about converting this to a foot assault marine sergeant)

sanguinary priest w/ plasma pistol and jump pack
    Lose the pistol and have him run with the assault marines. 1 priest can confer to both squads if played close together.

Baal Preds are good, I would recommend the assault cannon/heavy bolter varient. It add firepower to a BA army.
    Also doesn't have to get too close and doesn't worry about hitting your c/c element (like a Vindicator will)
    I'd also add a furioso dread to go with the stormraven or maybe d/pod/run it..

I misunderstood about the other tanks, he said he WANTED them not had them. He wants to buy a rhino, another baal pred with the shooty load out, and a reg pred with auto cannon/lascannons. He wants to get a storm raven but wait for a model to be released. He also wants a dreadnaught and cant decide between furioso /death company, and also wants to know if he should put them in a drop pod or run them up the field.

He wants to run a hybrid list, but with anyone not a tank or using a tank, to have a jump pack.
    See above.
    Not sure what point size your playing with but that would be a good clean up of his list.
    Last edited by Lord Lucias; September 13th, 2010 at 00:26.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

Thanks for your indepth reply. I will tell him the changes you have suggested.

As for armor, he only has enough doh to get 2-3 tanks. Which ones do you suggest? I see 2 rhinos, but then another baal pred? reg pred? vindy?
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Definitely a rhino for the tact's and I would go a 2nd Baal.

Then go a 2nd rhino for the DC and you'll find the BA's very quick.

The strength of the Blood Angels isn't their c/c charge but being able to be fast enough to control the game.
    Good luck to your friend. Ask away if you have more questions.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Never buy a rhino - get a RB and you get the rhino top AND the RB turret allowing you to hot-swap depending on what is needed
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast