Ravenwing and Chaplains. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ravenwing and Chaplains.

Now i've thought up a 2000point ravenwing list and so far it has 3 attack squads with everything but the landspeeders (1 plas-squad [and apothecary], 1 flamer squad, 1 melta squad and attack bites have multi-meltas), then it has a landspeeder tempest and 2 single multi-melta ass-cannon landspeeders, led by Master Sam in landspeeder, supported by 3 Vindicators.

I then thought to spend the remaining points on a bike mounted interrogator chaplain with melta bombs... but then it occured to me, having him in a unit woul dmean they lose the scouts ability which then slows down one of my units...but at th same time i wouldn't want to risk havin ghim on his own as chaplains seem to do better as part of a unit and i wouldn't want him picked off.

Is it worth having the chaplain or not? If so what should i do with him and if not then what can i spend the remaining 155 points on? (ps i don't like any space marine psykers so unless i can have a chaos sorceror - librarians are out of the question!)

Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cypher371 View Post
    Is it worth having the chaplain or not? If so what should i do with him and if not then what can i spend the remaining 155 points on? (ps i don't like any space marine psykers so unless i can have a chaos sorceror - librarians are out of the question!)
    about the ps, do Fallen Angels have chaos sorcerers? :p

on a more serious note, what about a small tactical squad to sit on the home objective?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

na i feel tht would ruin the theme...thats what i often use a stray and hidden attack bike for lol...though i could get an attack squadron land speeder because the codex says its a scoring unit lol

and bout th ps: i suppose that depends on the fallen in question?
    Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

First, why would you take the tornados as fast attack choices instead of as part of two of the attack squadrons? As attack squadron speeders, they'd be scoring...as support squadron speeders, the very same model doesn't score...

Second, yes, absolutely take an interrogator chaplain on a bike. I wouldn't bother with the meltabombs, though. Three multimelta attack bikes and two bikers with meltaguns is plenty. Use the points to kit out the sergeants instead (you didn't mention them having anything). As for the chaplain slowing down a unit, he doesn't have to. All you need to do is:

1.Deploy the chaplain separately.

2.Scout move the bikes, but leave enough of a tail that the chaplain can move into coherency and join the squad on turn one.

This may leave a bike or two out of rapid-fire range if you're shooting, or melee range if you aren't (not to mention the chaplain won't get to fight in turn one), but the squad (especially the sergeant, who does have a power sword or powerfist, right?) will get to reroll misses, and the additional 6" consolidation at the end of drawn combat will reel in the tail and the chaplain...if you do end up winning, you can use the consolidation move to get somewhat reorganized. Either way, the squadron will look kinda funny on turn one, but by the end of turn two, you'll have it sorted out without having sacrificed your scout move.

I'm just not sure about the appropriateness of vindicators in the list, especially when you think a tactical squad will "ruin the theme"
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vindicators are often front line siege vehicles...that's all i have to support that argument... and you can't have multi-melta assault cannon landspeeders in attack squadrons it has to be heavy bolter assault cannon why does everyone forget this?

my sargeants have power weapons and melta bombs so if i remove the melta bombs from th chap i still have 5 points left...

ooh you mentioning having th chaplian tail a unit... how about i just combat squad a unit so he has like a body guard of 2 standard bikes and a sargeant then i have a suicide melta squad? although that might not work too well in kill points...
    Win Loss Ratios:

+ Reply to Thread