BA question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BA question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BA question

This maybe a stupid question but can BA take land raiders as heavy support slots? Ive looked over my codex and there only down as dedicated transports. Any one know?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think so, It kinda stinks, but that is why they have the Storm Raven aka "flying landraider"

The cheapest way to add one to your army is to take a 3 man Death Company and pick as a dedicated transport, or an assault squad and drop the jump packs.

Cheers,

ps if i am wrong will someone kindly let me know?
    Falco's Marines will Annihilate the foe on swift wings of vengeance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are different from other chapters in that land raiders are dedicated transports. This means that they can take Land Raiders as dedicated transports for any unit transportable troop in the codex. IMO this is more of an advantage then a disadvantage, as it frees up our force organisation slots and allows us to take 17 in total if your feeling particularly insane (but games of that size will probably be apocalypse anyway lol). Besides, it you are getting a land raider its a waste not to transport anything with it. Any two predators will be better tanks then any land raider; its when you add their ability to give a unit a second turn assault that they shine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

You can simply purchase them for any of your infantry units and use it as a transport. Expensive, yes, but no-one really buys Land Raiders as gun platforms: they buy them to transport expensive things.

You can do a hideously mean multiple Land Raider list using assault marines and death company, but it's an inadvisable investment: some of the rumours I heard about the new Dark Eldar give them pretty nasty anti-tank options.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Frag the Dark Eldar and their anti tank xenos witchery, the emperor protects poodle.

I use a Redeemer to Deep Strike, inside is a 5 man Terminator Assault Squad with 3x lighting claws and 2x hammers, led by a Chaplain in terminator armour, very nasty, considering id DS alongside a Death coy squad and 2 drop pods of tactical squads!!! LOLZ PWN.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

That is a rather expensive unit sat there doing nothing for a turn, assuming it even comes in early enough to make a difference!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

It ofton makes a difference, the Raider lands and instantly pops smoke, therefor the next turn it moves, the terminators assault, this can usualy (9/10 times) land that unit in close combat on an enemy objective, plus there are that many Deep strike units at the same time the enemy is spoilt for objectives, plus the 2 drop pods act good as LoS blockers for the Landraider from enemy AT weapons.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

+ Reply to Thread