Elysians as Stormtroopers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Elysians as Stormtroopers

I have a Cadian army, and I was interested in opinions on using an Elysian Drop Troop squad as a storm trooper squad. I could make my own stormtroopers, but the idea doesn't really rate high on my priority of conversions.

They would definitely fit with the deepstriking option that stormtroopers have, and smoothing out the quilted bits of armor with green stuff would give them about as much plating as the regular stormtroopers. Another option is to replace their lasguns with actual hotshot lasguns similar to the old stormtrooper models.

I was thinking of possibly getting an Elysian Command squad and a weapons pack and running it as a 5 man stormtrooper squad.

Any thoughts on this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Elysian's are fantastic models, but I use them for my Veterans. Their weapon's don't scream "more powerful", and they're pretty tiny compared to Cadians.

It *could* work, but I think that Karsikins are the best choice (especially for a Cadian army)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

The models from GW would be easier in my opinion.

You can find some nice Elysians at Forge World - Elysian Drop Troops

Which idea you choose, I say go for it

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x5)

I say go for it. I don't know anyone who would complain. As long as people can tell the difference between them and your regular troopers.
    Come visit my blog at: www.warstrike.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Hmm. I might go with the Elysians. I don't mind the Kasrkin models, but if I'm going to spend the money I think the Elysians look the part more. Plus, I don't enjoy working with metal models as much...the way they are molded limits your converison possibilities and the Kasrkin models all look basically the same. My army is large enough where I'm getting tired of similar models and poses and I am trying to convert most things. Since the Elysians have different poses allready they are more enticing than the Kasrkin models.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

You can warm them up with a hairdryer and repose them even more too(!) they are really nice to convert. I think with the grav chutes they will look as cool and imposing as any stormtrooper needs to. You can get the smaller pack which isn't too overpriced. It's an expensive option for sure but it will stand out and look really nice.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Oh, that's an interesting trick...I didn't know that you could do that. I heard of people straightening Hydra barrels, but I didn't think that the smaller models would work that way too. Offhand, does anyone know the type of resin that forge world uses? I've only used urethane resin so far, and my forge world executioner turret looks to be different from that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

A very brittle resin. I had broken a couple of spare lasguns just by putting them in a box. I definitely wouldn't want to see one of them get dropped, let's put it that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Wow, that sounds a little scary for the price. I recently put an order in for a battlefoam case (YAY!) since I've been hauling everything around in egg cartons, boxes, and towels, but by what you said it sounds like small pieces might even break if they hook on the foam...does this sound right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

Any small piece will snap off, but if you're careful they'll be just fine. I'll point out that I haven't broken any of my assembled resin models.

+ Reply to Thread