Repentia's Righteous Zeal - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Repentia's Righteous Zeal

I've been using Repentia with my Witch Hunters and was wondering just how this Righteous Zeal move works. Unlike the Black Templar equivalent, this is not a consolidate move. The Rule Book says that you can't consolidate into a new assault anymore, but the codex makes no mention of such conditions with the Repentia. The FAQ has the question:

"If a Sisters Repentia unit that has ‘gone to ground’ subsequently fails a Morale check and
    has to move 2D6" (but doesn’t reach the nearest enemy unit), does the unit return to its ‘gone to ground’ status after finishing its move?" with the answer being "No."

This makes it sound like they can just run up to the nearest enemy and assault them at the end of the shooting phase if they're in range. Is this how you guys would go with the rules? Sounds like a case of Codex overwrites rule book, since the FAQ would surely say they couldn't.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

That's a real issue with WH's, our current codex is 2 editions ago, and so there are some pretty big holes in terms of rules. I don't think going to ground was even around back in 2003...

Okay, fail morale check: 2D6 towards nearest enemy unit. if they reach then they count as having charged in the assault phase. Umm, yes. Repentia CAN assault in the enemy shooting phase, but it's not a choice, so it's not particularly reliable.

And yes, this has nothing to do with consolidation.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was only something I thought about after I finished a game yesterday and read the rule again. I know it's normally impossible for a unit to move within 1" of a model unless it's the assault phase and wanted to make sure that was the way I did it. I've barely played with the WH and keep making stupid mistakes, like forgetting Sisters negate psychic powers aimed at them on a 5+ and that an Inquisitor can use a psychic hood!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2284 View Post
    This makes it sound like they can just run up to the nearest enemy and assault them at the end of the shooting phase if they're in range. Is this how you guys would go with the rules?
    Repentia zeal can trigger close combat - they fight in the next assault phase and count as charging.

It's unreliable at best but it does still work.

+ Reply to Thread