What Are The Demon Hunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CAn someone tell me a little bit about the demon hunters although i am pretty sure that Dark angles are for me i kinda would like to know what kinda units they get cus i hear alot about storm troppers and grey knights and stuff

Agate's Theorem TM

Awesome + Awesome = Double Awesome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, there IS a wonderfully written tactica right under your nose. It's a sticky... :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's also that book... you know, the one with information on specific armies... oh right, the Codex...
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Well, since the tactica doesn't really talk a lot about what the DH actually are (come on, I wrote it, I know what's there&#33, I'll tell you a bit.

The Daemonhunters are a section of the Inquisition, also known as the Ordo Malleus (Order of the Hammer). They focus on finding and eradicating Daemons in the Imperium (which overlaps with the Ordo Hereticus's witch hunting). Like all Ordos of the Inquisition, the Daemonhunters can call upon the Imperial Guard or Space Marines for aid at any time. Also like all the Ordos, they have access to Inquisitional Stormtroopers (function similar to IG Stormtroopers), Officio Assassinorum operatives, and most other Imperial resources as well.

The DH's militant wing is composed of the fearless Grey Knights chapter. The Grey Knights are a secret chapter of the Adaptus Astartes who's gene seed reportedly comes from the Emperor himself. Grey Knights use the holy weapons of their order: stormbolters, nemesis force weapons (this only counts as a force weapon on some units, but it DOES give other bonuses to all GK), incinerators (pimped heavy flamers), and psycannons (pimped heavy bolters), refusing to use weapons common to other chapters. The Grey Knights use teleportation frequently as opposed to transportation via rhinos. They also have a limited number of land raiders and dreadnoughts. Grey Knights have no librarians or chaplains, as each marine looks to his immediate superior & the Emperor for spiritual guidance. Every Grey Knight undergoes the Soul Binding ceremony with the Emperor. One Grey Knight of the highest rank (Grand Master) sits on the Inner Conclave of the Inquisition (which is more powerful than all but the High Lords of Terra).

In game terms, the DH are few but powerful. Their HQ choices can stand toe-to-toe with any other HQ in the game. Their troops are more powerful than most other troops and many other elites. But everything in the army (aside from stormtroopers) is very expensive points-wise. My own 1500pt DH list only has something like 40 models! As an army, you want to get your DH into combat as fast as possible, as you have a definite lack of firepower. HARD to play, but rewarding.

Closed Thread